14 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Dont know why I'm even chipping in on this thread. Theres been overtime every single weekend for yhe last 8 months at my work and ive never been in once.  Too busy focusing on my martial arts and drinking. Serious f***ing business.

Playing Mortal Kombat after a few Buds pal? ?

• Haha 1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I  used too go 4/10 wks a time when my first was born,home for a few days back to it.... he was 2lb 7 ozs and in a baby unit for first few months, used to kill me mate to be fair, leaving them, alot o

22 years in the army and I was only home a handful of times over Christmas missed most of their birthdays and my missus pretty much brought the kids up on her own but it's a choice you make and live w

Cheers katchum.i got 200 cattle and 500 lambs tomorrow.should keep me out the pub til 6ish.as for the knickers i've already looked over the fence.

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Rabid said:

I been told by lads out fishing it was expensive, the guides usually ask them to bring odd things over for them,  heard the beer can often be £14 a pint.

what would you say is the closest price match we have here, essentials like bread and milk I would have guessed.

49% tax, that makes your eyes water, do 5 years and claim the pension ?

I haven't had time to look around yet but a loat of bread costs about £3 and its wholemeal only as far as i've seen.

Ridiculous money for tradesmen in this area,very good indeed,when your younger you should bank up a bit of paper,it takes the pressure off you if you have something hidden away for a rainy day,do whats best for you and your boy GB and the best of luck with whatever you decide to do :thumbs:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mackem said:

Ridiculous money for tradesmen in this area,very good indeed,when your younger you should bank up a bit of paper,it takes the pressure off you if you have something hidden away for a rainy day,do whats best for you and your boy GB and the best of luck with whatever you decide to do :thumbs:

Cheers mackem but the problem is i came away to save money and to be honest a detox.but they've put me in a house with 6 other wreck heads who enjoy a drink and party.

But no i was talking to the blokes and they said you can have a good time and still take home enough for what i want.?

My biggest concern is home sickness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
22 hours ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

£150 a day for labouring?!? I've got mates that do plastering that get £120 a day and joiners that will get less. Is that some sort of mad internet exaggeration? I mean £750 a week to labour? I simply can't believe thats true at all.

groundworking company i work for are paying lads fresh out of school £400 per week on the shovel, if i want to travel from wales to Swindon everyday then i could get £750/£850 after tax and stamp a week no problem with the tickets i got, would have to go back self employed mind, im on a good craic with the company im with so f**k the travelling ?most the agencies round here paying £15/17 per hr for cpcs dumper drivers, get lads tip up to site daily saying they can do this, do that, dont bother to ask them their names anymore...... As they get f****d off  a day later because they found lacking and good for f**k all?always work and tidy coin out there if your prepared to graft. Was getting £280 a shift with digs and food payed 10 yrs ago shopfitting, gave it up because i was sick of working away, before that was on the telecoms network getting £1 per metre, rodding,pulling a prover through then the cable would piss 1000 m a day split 3 ways, out in holland and Germany on the fibre my pals came home with m 5's and carrera 4's payed for with cash after 6 months?

• Sad 1
Just now, Rabbit Hunter said:

I feel like I'm missing out on something here BIG TIME! 

So with all this money that's being made I'm guessing you boys are all in £400k+ houses?

Not me mate lol, first one cost me £75,000 ex council 13/14 yrs ago,bought a second that we rent out?used to spend my money on 'toys' and hobbies, my dogs, fishing tackle, holidays and getting off my head before i settled down started a family ?‍♂️got 3 little uns now, always something the money goes on..... Got in from work today, hear the mrs on one....... Nippers only gone and spent £120 on the f***ing xbox buying add ons?in fairness to him hes offered to pay it back doing chores about the place..... I Couldnt stay angry at him..... Mrs fault for not taking card details off it?. Told her at crimbo a computer was bad news?but like all women they think they know best??

Fair play DC, we all have them types of outgoings with a young family. I have 2 young daughters, missus, 5 terriers, car, house to run etc, however I'm not on these meteoric wages that are being spoken of on here. Do I live under a stone or is there some exaggerations going on on this thread?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
23 hours ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

£150 a day for labouring?!? I've got mates that do plastering that get £120 a day and joiners that will get less. Is that some sort of mad internet exaggeration? I mean £750 a week to labour? I simply can't believe thats true at all.

My mates a site agent for one of the biggest construction firms in uk and he ain’t making those prices either 

In england i had to work 50 is hours of hard graft a week to bring home between 450-500.like D.C said men turn up,do a day and are gone faster than a whippet.here i work about 42 hrs to bring home roughly 750-800.

Getting a car next week to get about.were going to sweden for a day to get shopping.?