Like the look of the FX wildcat are they any good. How do they compare to my aa s410 and super ten. I fancy a bullpup but don't want to be disappointed with it.Thought I would ask some of you more knowledgeable guys on here before parting with my hard earned what you think of them

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just been setting the scope on my new gun.what a piece or kit over the moon with it.

Si Brown will be along soon he has one and loves it its in sub 12 he likes it so much he has order,d another in .25 fac nice little rifle to lug around and very accurate atvbjimmy

Some body has talked his self into a new gun, good luck with it Mac. ?

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, zx12edge said:

Like the look of the FX wildcat are they any good. How do they compare to my aa s410 and super ten. I fancy a bullpup but don't want to be disappointed with it.Thought I would ask some of you more knowledgeable guys on here before parting with my hard earned what you think of them

Si Brown will be along soon he has one and loves it its in sub 12

he likes it so much he has order,d another in .25 fac

nice little rifle to lug around and very accurate

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 2

there a good bit of kit.. the 8 shot mag is the only let down but thats fine and docent really bother me unless im ratting!

some people dont like them but ive had mine longer than any other pcp ive got and its going nowhere,

think its about 200 shots per fill and as accurate as any good full size rifle out there, its put 100's of rabbits to sleep and way more rats:thumbs:

perfect for shooting in the woods and around farms, never bothered fitting a bipod or sling either!

see if you can have a go on one before you buy one just incase you dont like it. 

21 minutes ago, si brown said:

there a good bit of kit.. the 8 shot mag is the only let down but thats fine and docent really bother me unless im ratting!

some people dont like them but ive had mine longer than any other pcp ive got and its going nowhere,

think its about 200 shots per fill and as accurate as any good full size rifle out there, its put 100's of rabbits to sleep and way more rats:thumbs:

perfect for shooting in the woods and around farms, never bothered fitting a bipod or sling either!

see if you can have a go on one before you buy one just incase you dont like it. 

Going to have a look at one the weekend should be able to have a go with it. Don't mind the mag size just buy a couple of extra mags. Hope I like it as much as I like the look of it. Have you had any problems with yours are they capable of a hardish life. Been looking on YouTube and most ain't got much bad to say about them. Thanks for the for letting me know what you think of them fella

I take mine out in all weathers, never had a problem with it,

be it scorching in the sun or the shroud frozen in winter!

it spends most of its time getting dragged round the wolds mankiest farms. 

ive got 3 mags too but its a bit fiddly changing them in the dark with freezing hands, i can guarantee I'll drop one in the cow sh1t every time :(

I've had two.

one shot like a dream, up there with the most accurate guns I've owned, the other was dreadful and gave groups like a cheap nasty lump of junk, so much so it went back twice to be looked at.

Good points for me, I like the feel in the shoulder, balance was good, light as a feather so no stress related wavering of jelly arms after a few minutes, I had the synthetic stock so was pretty bullet proof (all my rifles are tools and will take a knock every now and again), I would not be worried about it getting worked hard.

the bad points, it felt very cheap and plastic like, the spring twang by the ear took me back to childhood playing with toys, the mag had potential to be fiddly, mainly in the dark,  and out of two rifles I had one excellent (tuned by air fective) and one terrible out the box brand new, so much so I ended up getting my money back for it.

I would never touch another, and personally for a grand (ish) brand new I would look for a better pup second hand, much better pups available in my mind.

I've never owned a Wildcat but, I do like that bullpup configuration :yes:

...... The point of balance will be within your own center of gravity which, for me, makes them very easy to hold on aim - this is where you'll notice the difference over your other rifles.

You may find it a little twitchy at first due to the lack of weight up front but, it really doesn't take long to get used to.

FX make some good kit - I don't think you'll be disappointed :thumbs:

34 minutes ago, zx12edge said:

Just been setting the scope on my new gun.what a piece or kit over the moon with it.

IMG_20180804_160721.jpg

All you need now is a .25 barrel and a thermal scope on top

you will then have the ultimate hunting tool 

O,,,and an fac air cert

Nice top class rifle you have there iv not shot any thing like it it blows the hw100 out of the water

in fact as far as im concerned the hw100 is no longer in the game .

enjoy her ZX12

looking forward to seeing your write ups on her out in the field

This is the rifle thats making me get my fac and sgc

i want one in fac that bad lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

P070513_02.13.jpg

I'm going to go against the grain a bit here.......

I can appreciate the Impact in so much as it is built for a job and, on most accounts, is very capable of doing that job.

It's looks lightweight and purposeful.

Now, I've not tried one but, I can't see me ever wanting one - they look too exposed, like all of the important parts aren't protected enough if it was dropped or knocked in the dark.

I'm also not a fan of that bottle hanging out in the wind with just the neck threads for support - I never liked it on rifles like the Verminator or Stealth either.

To be honest, I can't see it being better than an Edgun Matador - mine was built like a tank and, was protected by a stock.

It did have some weight but, like all bullpups, it was right back into your body so, it was easy to use and aim.

There's a couple of different stock options - mine was the soft touch finish over what I assume was a beech stock but, there are some nice wood ones out there.

If anyone wants to see the accuracy and power that they're capable of, there's a video on YouTube somewhere of a bloke driving in a row of nails with an FAC version.

IMG_20151001_144706.jpg

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, si brown said:

You made a good choice, it’s without doubt the best of the two!

the wild cats the more farmyard friendly out of the two when it comes to getting covered in sh1t though! 

I went with the intention of buying the with wildcat had a few shots and was ready to pay, then he said I got this impact second hand not had a full tin of slugs through it for the same price. Would have gladly taken the wildcat. Liked the mag size and being able to change the calibre. Will use this for awhile and if I still like it will sell my other guns and buy another barrel for it 

• Like 1