Remember reading some on line, one went something like this. " I remember her crawling round the floor wetting her knickers and being sick and that was her eighteenth birthday". Like dytkos said loads on line mate. Good luck and have a good day.

Cheers Arry 

17 hours ago, myersbg said:

Well boys daughter gets married tomorrow, apparently i have to give a speech, oh sh1t, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Do what I did, write an epic speech of biblical proportions, show it to all concerned and get all there approval then just stand up and read the last sentence job done in less than 3 minutes,luckily the other dad was a comedian in his own eyes and by the time he,d finished everyone just wanted it over and for him to sit down and shut up, it was,nt until the standard let's watch the wedding video moment weeks later that anyone noticed I,d missed out nearly all my speech, I hate public speaking dont do religion and like my own company so the wedding speech was my worst nightmare in the world ever, good luck am sure you will have a lovely day and if the weather is good that's all people will remember when the hangovers clear ?

18 hours ago, myersbg said:

Well boys daughter gets married tomorrow, apparently i have to give a speech, oh sh1t, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

How the hell did you not know that  the girl was getting married ? I've given four daughters away and been through the procedure. All you got to do is to wish them well and not try to be a comedian. It's very easy to get lost in a page of written text and become a mumbling  idiot.  A good presentation idea is to write ideas on cards. You can speak about that idea and then on to the next. Please don't take some of the stupid ideas on board such as getting pi***d or offending people. Make the day light and happy not a day of regret and bad memories. You'd better get going.

Good luck tomorrow bud as said leave the jokes to best man Just thank everyone tell your daughter how lovely she looks & welcome new son in law into family & at end give a Very special thankyou to Mr Barclaycard for making it all possible. Hope all goes well. Atb

• Like 2