Credit due.

A few weeks ago I sent my FX Impact down to ASI as I was getting a few inaccurate shots taking place, at first I thought it was me just shooting crap but after a chat with Tony at ASI, he decided to collect the gun and give it a service and a careful check overall. 

On some Impacts, the shroud can be very stiff, mine was one of these and no matter how careful I am to extend the shroud, I did wonder if I was applying side pressure causing clipping at the shroud end cap which happened once before. I did say to Tony that whilst I like the shroud, I think because of it being stiff, I would prefer a mod instead.

The gun has had a full service, the extending shroud removed and a mod marrying up to the lower shroud, all pressures checked and reset the reg to 135bar, changed a couple of seals etc etc. The outcome is superb, back to being a tack driver that I love so much and ASI didn't charge me at all not even for collection and delivery so deserve a big thank you from me.

DSCF3474_zpsuyx7kaob.jpg

DSCF3475_zps3disd3zu.jpg

It is difficult to be certain but I think it is now a bit louder than when the shroud was fitted so some testing is in order as there is no internal baffles in the mod, it is just an empty Stumpy mod. I will have a chat with ASI and perhaps try a different mod to test results although I have just been to busy the last couple of weeks so now need to get on with these tests.

Phil

• Like 4

MODS can you please transfer this to General section please, had a senior moment and put it in the wrong section.

It's an age thing .................................................................... funny, I seem to say that far more nowadays !!!!!

Phil

3 hours ago, philpot said:

MODS can you please transfer this to General section please, had a senior moment and put it in the wrong section.

It's an age thing .................................................................... funny, I seem to say that far more nowadays !!!!!

Phil

When you remember ?, Phil, has there ever been any thought by anybody on attaching a sling for carrying

• Haha 1

Yes there is a method to fasten a sling and I think it was Matt Dubber who has one on his Impact. I didn't find that I needed one so didn't bother but I do believe that I have seen an arrangement where a picatiny sling clip was used up front and a slip loop on the shoulder pad if that makes sense. This method would be ideal if you want to carry the gun in a level position rather than hung over your shoulder, barrel facing up your back.

Have a look at the US Guns of Arizona website as they might have something.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Metalman2 said:

When you remember ?, Phil, has there ever been any thought by anybody on attaching a sling for carrying

Single point sling something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oleader-Multi-Use-Adjustable-Shoulder-Elastic/dp/B076V3D7ZJ/ref=sr_1_5/259-1087571-7274115?ie=UTF8&qid=1530566566&sr=8-5&keywords=single+point+slings

• Like 1
12 hours ago, philpot said:

A few weeks ago I sent my FX Impact down to ASI as I was getting a few inaccurate shots taking place, at first I thought it was me just shooting crap but after a chat with Tony at ASI, he decided to collect the gun and give it a service and a careful check overall. 

On some Impacts, the shroud can be very stiff, mine was one of these and no matter how careful I am to extend the shroud, I did wonder if I was applying side pressure causing clipping at the shroud end cap which happened once before. I did say to Tony that whilst I like the shroud, I think because of it being stiff, I would prefer a mod instead.

The gun has had a full service, the extending shroud removed and a mod marrying up to the lower shroud, all pressures checked and reset the reg to 135bar, changed a couple of seals etc etc. The outcome is superb, back to being a tack driver that I love so much and ASI didn't charge me at all not even for collection and delivery so deserve a big thank you from me.

DSCF3474_zpsuyx7kaob.jpg

DSCF3475_zps3disd3zu.jpg

It is difficult to be certain but I think it is now a bit louder than when the shroud was fitted so some testing is in order as there is no internal baffles in the mod, it is just an empty Stumpy mod. I will have a chat with ASI and perhaps try a different mod to test results although I have just been to busy the last couple of weeks so now need to get on with these tests.

Phil

Phil , I had Airfective to make me a shroud and silencer  ,lot quieter than the extendable shroud from FX  

• Like 1

Cheers Mitch, I will look into that although in the field the noise level is not so bad but could be improved.

After a chat with our Si Brown, I bought some felt from a local store and pinched a couple of large diameter hair curlers from my wife as she rarely uses them. Cut the curler down to fit the mod and the same with the felt, the result was that the sound level is well low out in the field and certainly less that when the gun had the extending shroud. The power coming from the air at 46fpe did move the felt and I was going to glue the felt in place but as Si said, I may need to replace it or remove it for some reason and the curler holds the felt really well with no movement at all.

The rabbits last night didn't seem to notice any sound that bothered them anyway. The furthest bunny was at 86mt according to the rangfinder and there was a bit of wind last night to the point that I wished I had taken the rimmy but no need as the Impact with the 25.4gr pellets had no problems.

I am a very happy chappie to have my tack driver back and working well and the rimmy can stay in the cabinet.

Phil

• Like 1
On 02/07/2018 at 10:09, philpot said:

DSCF3474_zpsuyx7kaob.jpg

DSCF3475_zps3disd3zu.jpg

Phil

Ill be having a play with one of these again on Thursday night

as im back out with Allan (pav)

and of coarse the thermal scope :yahoo:

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 2