First Cross Bull/Greyhounds.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Listen mate, they were well bred, well looked after animals. They just simply didn't have the stamina or the speed. And I'm not saying they didn't have the effort there, they were full of effort, but

I love bullx and if I had more lamping to do I’d keep one not just there work just having them around is easier than other Xs but down here now you will start to turn heads owning one to be honest I m

That's the truth

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Black neck said:

Ive only seen 1 genuine 1st someones got to have the genuine terrier and not 1 of these dopey imports then be prepared to let a poxy greyhound at it 

Its rare now 

I've seen plenty tbh mate, love the cross i must say so. 

6 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

I've seen a couple and they weren't my cup of tea tbh, no stamina and basically for one job. Not what I would class as a lurcher if I'm honest.

Could that be cos they were unfit cos I've seen fit ones with bags of stamina? And they could multitask i assure you.

• Like 1

No they were as fit as can be, seen them get totally outrun daytime by all quarry, and at night by most. Not questioning their gameness and I don't keep lurchers now so no kennel blindness involved. But they simply ain't got the wind or speed a lurcher with more greyhound or Saluki has.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

No they were as fit as can be, seen them get totally outrun daytime by all quarry, and at night by most. Not questioning their gameness and I don't keep lurchers now so no kennel blindness involved. But they simply ain't got the wind or speed a lurcher with more greyhound or Saluki has.

They must have been poor examples then and the owner should have known better if they were not up to the task imo, i know of a good few that had the gears to catch fast quarry and could run all night. I like the effort they put in on a run, they just go all in. 

Listen mate, they were well bred, well looked after animals. They just simply didn't have the stamina or the speed. And I'm not saying they didn't have the effort there, they were full of effort, but when we had them out with our Saluki or Greyhound bred lurchers it was like me chasing Mo Farah.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

They must have been poor examples then and the owner should have known better if they were not up to the task imo, i know of a good few that had the gears to catch fast quarry and could run all night. I like the effort they put in on a run, they just go all in. 

There are other bull terrier composites that go all in mate and actually come to terms with what them running you know

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

There are other bull terrier composites that go all in mate and actually come to terms with what them running you know

Yeah of course but my thread is about the first cross, obviously heavily infused greyhound cross generally can't take the stick a first cross can.