I've always had abit of a soft spot for this breed my dad had one when I was a nipper beast of a dog must of stud nearly 30tts jumped like a stag strong as an Ox he's was a 3/4 reverse plenty of speed and stamina right character hated most dogs though loved bitches Deffo a type of dog I'd have again in the near future if I saw something that was worth having 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its a mystery, why the miscellany of rough and broken coated lurchers, (many of Deerhound origins),...have disappeared off the scene.? Perhaps we now have far more versatile hunting dogs, mostly

During the late 1980s, we put the first cross Deerhound/Greyhounds back to sheepdog blooded lurchers,..they were smashing dogs,..far more versatile than the F1... 

? I would always prefer a physically gifted dog that has twigged on, to use his natural gears to run slow when required, over a naturally slow dog that cannot ever hope to produce pace, or find a spee

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Yeah,.good old dogs to hunt with,..took mine all over the UK,...great fun, great days...?

1939756958_3-EddiewithCeltandtheauthorwithLucyonIsla-Copy-Copy.thumb.jpg.a2ccb723a5a308a6052c299618528ce1.jpg

you had plenty of different types in your time mate, what ones do you think were the most versatile looking back, and if you did it all again what if anything would you do different.

Just jotting a few words down at the moment fellah, (hopefully for a future publication).

Nothing earth-shattering, just a modest wee script, that might answer several, similar questions...

However, it would be true to say, that on the whole, I've usually kept a particular type/style of dog,.... for the job in hand...?

As mentioned, I have had the opportunity to walk out with several different types of running dog composite over the last 60 years and the truth is, I feel privileged to have had the chance to do so...Lurchers are fabulous canines...:clapper:

Got my preferences obviously, but generally,.... I've loved them all...?

• Like 5