rabbit price

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've never got more than a quid for a coney...sold fecking thousands,...and thousands, and... Problem is,..the British public just doesn't go for them, on masse,..ye can curry em, sweet and sour

Try chris packham , he might have a spare freezer

bay leaves are a bit too sophisticated for us

Posted Images

6 hours ago, fred90 said:

been talking to a old friend who had been at melton Mowbray market last winter.he saw rabbits at £4 a couple & pheasants at £1 a brace.he pointed out thats 8 pheasants for price of 2 rabbits if you would of said that in the 80s people would think you've gone mad.

In the early 80,s and for the next 20 years i usually managed a quid a bunny and £1.50 a pheasant,the dales and pheasant pens around ilkley kept me in fuel and beer tokens.I was on a pheasant shoot at Harewood in the late 90,s,beating before the elitist bashers accuse me of being something more than my class,they offered £20 a day or as many pheasants as you wished,the rest where thrown away.

14 minutes ago, morton said:

In the early 80,s and for the next 20 years i usually managed a quid a bunny and £1.50 a pheasant,the dales and pheasant pens around ilkley kept me in fuel and beer tokens.I was on a pheasant shoot at Harewood in the late 90,s,beating before the elitist bashers accuse me of being something more than my class,they offered £20 a day or as many pheasants as you wished,the rest where thrown away.

What a waste, makes me sick

3 minutes ago, morton said:

The vast majority of large pheasant and partridge shoots toss birds now,watch the lead chuckers gang up and deny it.

early 80s £5 a brace was common in pubs specially around Christmas 

Guest Navek
50 minutes ago, morton said:

The vast majority of large pheasant and partridge shoots toss birds now,watch the lead chuckers gang up and deny it.

I saw a pile of rotting birds as tall as me on one shoot ...got acouple farms that border on to shoots and some bury some burn them ...one was even paying to have them disposed of .