A new rifle to the stables is on it`s way lads.

26 minutes ago, si brown said:

He wasn’t kiddin????xx

I remember when he would not listen to me about the pro sport

now its one of the best rifles he has

and iv talked to him about the model he has got coming now with the same answers to heavy and not good enough for him

Boy is he going to have his eyes opened up with this baby .

there not the best for nothing even if you have to tune them OUT OF THE BOX(CLUE)

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will say this much Mitch, Tim has a touch like a midwife mate, you would not regret having him do the work, I promise you. If you then decide to drive up to Sheffield and take the gun there, I will

That’s not fair,I only missed the k off...?

tfft... we'll get a break from the awesome 100 and fwb's?

Posted Images

Yep, the HW 97 K ( not HW 97).:tongue2:

That big fella that comes on here "once in a while" put me onto Simon, ( Piano man) who was about to advertise his sale.

It is in .177 flavour, two scopes, tuned with SFS internals and SFS spring, Delrin extras, sling swivels, 5 1/2 tins of H&N FTT 4.50 pellets etc, etc.

I`ll not be selling my 100`s and I`ll not be buying any pcp`s in either as I consider the 100`s unbeatable.

I think the 97 will be the last rifle I buy in.

Yes lads, I`ll be going back to a lot more spring rifle hunting from now on, as I love the extra challenges spring rifle hunting brings.

I am greatly looking forward to putting the new 97K out against the wood pigeons, decoying in a few months time lads :boogy:

atb  Mark.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, mark williams said:

Yep, the HW 97 K ( not HW 97).:tongue2:

That big fella that comes on here "once in a while" put me onto Simon, ( Piano man) who was about to advertise his sale.

It is in .177 flavour, two scopes, tuned with SFS internals and SFS spring, Delrin extras, sling swivels, 5 1/2 tins of H&N FTT 4.50 pellets etc, etc.

I`ll not be selling my 100`s and I`ll not be buying any pcp`s in either as I consider the 100`s unbeatable.

I think the 97 will be the last rifle I buy in.

Yes lads, I`ll be going back to a lot more spring rifle hunting from now on, as I love the extra challenges spring rifle hunting brings.

I am greatly looking forward to putting the new 97K out against the wood pigeons, decoying in a few months time lads :boogy:

atb  Mark.

That’s not fair,I only missed the k off...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 26/05/2018 at 13:15, villaman said:

Far better in .22 :whistling:

If that is really true Mitch, I'm going to buy one in .22!

Seriously though, I'm delighted my beloved HW97 .177 is going to a man I greatly respect and admire here. Mark is a superb air rifle hunter/shooter and this rifle is a beauty! 

Sandwell Field Sports kit made and profiled by Tony Wall himself and fitted and tuned in by andyFR1968 here. It has won several competitions with me and claimed hundreds of vermin. Two good old school scopes and plenty of H&N 4.50/177 ammo to wring her out with. 

I am totally hooked on my .22 Pro Sport as my go-to hunting rifle now, rotating with my HW80 and HW77 .22s for the fields and this HW97 was getting very much left behind. Far too good a rifle to be left unused. So it's going where it will be loved and looked after! 

Thank you so much Mark for taking her on, and Jimmy for helping with the introduction! I'm going to enjoy reading about your own journey with her now, albeit with a tinge of regret.

All the very best of shooting with it Mark.

Simon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, pianoman said:

If that is really true Mitch, I'm going to buy one in .22!

Seriously though, I'm delighted my beloved HW97 .177 is going to a man I greatly respect and admire here. Mark is a superb air rifle hunter/shooter and this rifle is a beauty! 

Sandwell Field Sports kit made and profiled by Tony Wall himself and fitted and tuned in by andyFR1968 here. It has won several competitions with me and claimed hundreds of vermin. Two good old school scopes and plenty of H&N 4.50/177 ammo to wring her out with. 

I am totally hooked on my .22 Pro Sport as my go-to hunting rifle now, rotating with my HW80 and HW77 .22s for the fields and this HW97 was getting very much left behind. Far too good a rifle to be left unused. So it's going where it will be loved and looked after! 

Thank you so much Mark for taking her on, and Jimmy for helping with the introduction! I'm going to enjoy reading about your own journey with her now, albeit with a tinge of regret.

All the very best of shooting with it Mark.

Simon

Yes Simon , they are better in .22 IMO

I have .177 and .22 HW 97 and the .22 is far nicer to shoot like most spring guns are . My HW97 .177 had a v-mach kit fitted by a gunsmith  , so dam harsh and in the end replaced it with a standard HW kit ,yes it was better but still not in the same league as the .22 . May be a SFS tuned one may be different though . 

• Like 1

I will say this much Mitch, Tim has a touch like a midwife mate, you would not regret having him do the work, I promise you. If you then decide to drive up to Sheffield and take the gun there, I will pop over to meet up. 

Tim makes a nice cuppa.

Phil

• Like 4
3 hours ago, villaman said:

Yes Simon , they are better in .22 IMO

I have .177 and .22 HW 97 and the .22 is far nicer to shoot like most spring guns are . My HW97 .177 had a v-mach kit fitted by a gunsmith  , so dam harsh and in the end replaced it with a standard HW kit ,yes it was better but still not in the same league as the .22 . May be a SFS tuned one may be different though . 

.25 .20 are better mitch :tongue2:

4 hours ago, Rimfireboy! said:

If anyone’s used one in .25 I’d be interested in how they perform ?

So would I mate, keep hankering after a .25, but I cant make my mind up between springer/pcp or sub 12 and FAC so I guess I will ponder some more lol.

• Like 1