Gav

Half an hour this morning (GRAPHIC)

As it was nice took the .22 out, using cci mini mags got these four around the 60yds mark, all headshots within 15 minutes. 

As I took the first photo and was about ready to pack up, one of their friends popped it's head out wanting to play, around the 40yds mark, I was happy to oblige. 

The difference in damage at 20yds difference is explosive. 

20180517_104242.jpg

20180517_111943.jpg

• Like 5

All head shot,  no meat damage, I’m thinking bunny burgers for a weekend barbecue 🍔🍺

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 1

Proper job them mini mags always getting asked for headshot rabbits a lot of the Poles at work love bunny as its still a popular dish over that neck of the woods .Offer it to Ingleesh peeps and they look at u like your satan,s brother Wilf.Good shooting and just in time for an F.A cup barbie and i believe there,s something on the telly for woman as well the same day:laugh:

• Haha 1

The mini mags are still shifting some at 40 yards, I use them myself, I find the rws high velocity hp’s can cause a lot of damage, probably more so than mini mags. Used to get a lot of that with Winchester xpediters, they were explosive for a .22 rimfire bullet. Made a mess of some squirrels and rabbits with them.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stavross said:

All head shot,  no meat damage, I’m thinking bunny burgers for a weekend barbecue 🍔🍺

Mates Thai wife took the lot, he never even gets a look in. Anything not eaten goes to the dogs so no waste, even big fatties I save in the freezer for me and curry them. 

1 hour ago, Rimfireboy! said:

The mini mags are still shifting some at 40 yards, I use them myself, I find the rws high velocity hp’s can cause a lot of damage, probably more so than mini mags. Used to get a lot of that with Winchester xpediters, they were explosive for a .22 rimfire bullet. Made a mess of some squirrels and rabbits with them.

I was using subs, but my rfd gave me a deal so tried them, honestly they do the job well, though make a crack even with the mod. 60yds is my limit really .22 sub but then I have the .17hmr option, just 22's are a quarter of the price. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gav said:

Mates Thai wife took the lot, he never even gets a look in. Anything not eaten goes to the dogs so no waste, even big fatties I save in the freezer for me and curry them. 

I was using subs, but my rfd gave me a deal so tried them, honestly they do the job well, though make a crack even with the mod. 60yds is my limit really .22 sub but then I have the .17hmr option, just 22's are a quarter of the price. 

Indeed they are Gav. I use .22 probably 20 times more than .17hmr. I use .22 hornet more than .17hmr also, with the price of hmr ammo being almost as much as ppu.22 hornet, and with the option to reload its leaving hmr in the cabinet. I can use rws high velocity .22 out to 100 yards as they’re very accurate in my Anschutz.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Underdog
      Got chance to test Gavs balls this afternoon! That sounds all wrong!!
      The balls Gav kindly cast and sent me I mean.
      I used an old sign that's lay in the grass for years. Take a look and I will explain.

I was aiming for the P at 30yds.
      The two shots close to the P and the shot just above them two were the best load chain today. The high one was the aiming, I was seeing to much barrel and the following two responded perfectly to my adjusted hold.
      The other three were a different load and unsatisfactory.
      In saying that the sign easily represents a small deers chest and all six shots would of killed a deer!
      With the good load I should be able to hunt rabbit with.
      Here is the reverse side of the target.

I love this fusil, it has a fast lock and gets good speed up.
      Got some squirrel with shot too.

Cheers  Gav, now I know it's worth getting a mould.

U.
    • By Rimfireboy!
      If anyone’s interested, I decided to pattern and compare .22 and 9mm flobert shotshells. Using my 14 inch Anschütz, I shot a .22 Winchester superX #12 shot at a rat target at five yards to see if it would likely be effective at that range. To compare using my 24 inch Manu-Arm bolt action, I shot 9mm fiocchi #6 shot at the same range, and 9mm rws acorn brand #10 at the same range. I went on to extend the range of the 9mm flobert’s at ten, fifteen and twenty yards for comparison. Here’s the results.....

• By Gav
      I had an hour to spare so decided to take the 17HMR out, I don't get it out enough really, mainly just because I'm a tight old git!
      Anyway hole number one, ranged at 88 yards with rangefinder, scanning the ground with the scope, a bloody immigrant came into sight, to my absolute disgust it was actually copulating with a local, having no choice I promptly dispatched it, the participant promptly ran off or it would have got the same. Three more locals swiftly followed their demise, as I was waiting to see if any more wanted to play I realised I had my phone, so took pictures too.
      I then went on down the road to another spot I frequent, most ran off as I approached, but managed to nail two that were convinced they were hidden as rocks, I proved them wrong. One actually managed to writhe around a bit after the first shot so a second was issued promptly, these were around the 75 yard mark.
      I wanted to checkout another hole I'd been hammering quite hard during the week and taken 19 out of since Monday. I was pretty sure they knew my landy by now and would be holed up before I got chance to scope them out, oh how wrong I was, two babies an easy target out around eighty yards (yes I shoot babies, they'll be big ones soon enough). I also missed a bigger one a bit further out which ran to ground very quickly, must have been close but not close enough.
      I'm sure everyone has seen enough dead rabbits so took some of the scenery I shoot around instead  apart from the floozy immigrant, I thought you all like to see that.
      All in all not a bad hour, and the scores are :-
      Rounds taken = 10
      Bunnies dispatched = 8 = £4 from the estate. 5 sold = £5 so all in all more than covered the ammo, happy daze 😎

• By vin
      Hello, Chaps.
       I have been told by the landowners and keepers where I do most of my Pest Control etc. I need to get my FAC to go forward into the future.
      I have permissions to shoot on various land, But I'm a traditionalist and prefer to work the ferrets and dogs etc. ( I remove thousands per year ). I do pest control for a living and I am fully insured, qualified etc in all these departments. I recently went on a job to shoot some rabbits with a gentleman I know and he used his 17 HMR, I will never use a Rapid 7 again.lol. 
      The time has now come for me to take the next step and get my FAC. I intend to go for a 22 Rimmy and 1st of all a 17 HMR.
      This is the bit I'm sort of stuck on etc.... I do not want to join some local gun club and spend all my time shooting at targets on a range with posh people talking about facts and figures. I fully understand the need for knowledge and competency, safety etc. But I have no time for new friends and social circles in my life at the moment.
      IS there anyone local to me who would be kind enough to offer me some guidance and mentorship through the process of getting all my paperwork and equipment sorted etc. In return, I will make it worth your while either financially or with some sport on my land with me etc. I'm in Rotherham S.yorks. I have access to land local, but my main bulks of permissions are on the Yorkshire Dales.
       Kindest of regards
       Vin.