Gav

Half an hour this morning (GRAPHIC)

As it was nice took the .22 out, using cci mini mags got these four around the 60yds mark, all headshots within 15 minutes. 

As I took the first photo and was about ready to pack up, one of their friends popped it's head out wanting to play, around the 40yds mark, I was happy to oblige. 

The difference in damage at 20yds difference is explosive. 

20180517_104242.jpg

20180517_111943.jpg

• Like 5

All head shot,  no meat damage, I’m thinking bunny burgers for a weekend barbecue 🍔🍺

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 1

Proper job them mini mags always getting asked for headshot rabbits a lot of the Poles at work love bunny as its still a popular dish over that neck of the woods .Offer it to Ingleesh peeps and they look at u like your satan,s brother Wilf.Good shooting and just in time for an F.A cup barbie and i believe there,s something on the telly for woman as well the same day:laugh:

• Haha 1

The mini mags are still shifting some at 40 yards, I use them myself, I find the rws high velocity hp’s can cause a lot of damage, probably more so than mini mags. Used to get a lot of that with Winchester xpediters, they were explosive for a .22 rimfire bullet. Made a mess of some squirrels and rabbits with them.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stavross said:

All head shot,  no meat damage, I’m thinking bunny burgers for a weekend barbecue 🍔🍺

Mates Thai wife took the lot, he never even gets a look in. Anything not eaten goes to the dogs so no waste, even big fatties I save in the freezer for me and curry them. 

1 hour ago, Rimfireboy! said:

The mini mags are still shifting some at 40 yards, I use them myself, I find the rws high velocity hp’s can cause a lot of damage, probably more so than mini mags. Used to get a lot of that with Winchester xpediters, they were explosive for a .22 rimfire bullet. Made a mess of some squirrels and rabbits with them.

I was using subs, but my rfd gave me a deal so tried them, honestly they do the job well, though make a crack even with the mod. 60yds is my limit really .22 sub but then I have the .17hmr option, just 22's are a quarter of the price. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gav said:

Mates Thai wife took the lot, he never even gets a look in. Anything not eaten goes to the dogs so no waste, even big fatties I save in the freezer for me and curry them. 

I was using subs, but my rfd gave me a deal so tried them, honestly they do the job well, though make a crack even with the mod. 60yds is my limit really .22 sub but then I have the .17hmr option, just 22's are a quarter of the price. 

Indeed they are Gav. I use .22 probably 20 times more than .17hmr. I use .22 hornet more than .17hmr also, with the price of hmr ammo being almost as much as ppu.22 hornet, and with the option to reload its leaving hmr in the cabinet. I can use rws high velocity .22 out to 100 yards as they’re very accurate in my Anschutz.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now