Grey Squirrel hides.

Remember this in November 2017 lads, with the FWB Sport 127 mk1 (.22) ?

IMG_0850.JPG.1b1be160d0bc093f348af65a5a6a1460.JPG

Took the hide off one of them.

IMG_0851.JPG.4b96d1eebc55b12cbcba23611bd4854b.JPG

IMG_0852.JPG.ed7b702e3cdf8d8e6578284285745573.JPG

Well here`s the same hide today after being salted and dried for months.IMG_1033.thumb.JPG.c477e04418204deeee46daa8200449db.JPG

IMG_1034.thumb.JPG.e68fd7542b1823ffee9979363a0adc43.JPG

My first attempt at egg tanning lads, so a little more drying inside my garage now and take it from there. 

• Like 2

I fancy " trying to make" - a pellet pouch, using the tail as a flip over fastener .

I have seen squirrel and rabbit skins cut to foot sizes and inserted into boots and wellies for foot warmers to very good effect.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mark williams said:

I fancy " trying to make" - a pellet pouch, using the tail as a flip over fastener .

I have seen squirrel and rabbit skins cut to foot sizes and inserted into boots and wellies for foot warmers to very good effect.

Many moons ago, I worked as a picker in the Hayes freezer warehouse in Theale, near Reading.

......... It was minus 35 degrees in there - we were given Otter fur lined boots as part of our kit - animal fur is a fantastic insulator :thumbs:

2 hours ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Saw one just like it down the lane yesterday. Would make a good cod piece.??

That`s a great idea ! :good:

IMG_0851.JPG.6e0c4137ecc2fab1fd609bf114d21cc2.JPG

I`ll send it to Big Mac for Christmas, should keep his head warm  :rofl: :laugh:

Dye that a deep brown Jimmy and leave the tail on, it would knock years off you, " Honest "

The back legs for your new Elvis side burns.

A bit of string between those two front legs and under your chin will be great.

Watch for the winds lifting the back up though  :laugh:

" Only saying like" x