Working notice

Just now, vfr400boy said:

Yes the admin guy was in luckily 

Will he back you up? If so your covered, and as said before get in touch with ACAS they will keep you right, it's not your fault your boss was not in the office.

• Like 1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Without sounding to much like a cynical old fart I think it's more of an age and era thing, when I was a kid growing up on an estate if the baliff,s turned up to take someone's belongings the whole es

Look at this handy government pamphlet on your rights regarding giving your notice. It will go into more details but I refer the honourable gentlemen to the comments I made earlier in the thread. But

For the most part people look after themselves and will cut everyone’s throat to survive its a fecking disgusting world we live in

2 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Look at this handy government pamphlet on your rights regarding giving your notice. It will go into more details but I refer the honourable gentlemen to the comments I made earlier in the thread. But to recap...

• She cannot decide when you gave notice. It's from the date submitted not the date received. At the latest is starts the day after you hand it in which would be Saturday 28th, not Monday 30th. The amount of notice required will be in your employment contract.
  • You are not entitled to be paid for bank holidays and they can be included in your holiday entitlement. This will be in your employment contract.
  • You are entitled to receive your holiday pay either with leave or with financial restitution. This is a legal requirement.

Don't take my word for it, though. If you want to push the issue contact ACAS. If you think it's going to f*ck up your start date with your new employer contact them and explain the situation. Leaving on good terms is one thing. F*ck*ng up your reputation before you've even started is something else.

Going to ring them tomorrow 

half tempted to go on the sick ! And f**k um 

• Like 2

I am thinking of giving acas a ring about my job, I work as a cleaner there are 3 of us & if we are 1 down we have to do our own sections & split the 3rd section between the 2 of us, we only get an extra half hour added to the shift to do the extra work.

the last month one of the cleaners has been calling in sick & on 3 occasions myself & the other girl have had no notice off the company we are expected in early to cover, so the works still been done but it dont look like we will get paid for it because we clocked in our normal hours 

Getting a bit fed up of it now , wish I could drive so i could get a new job without having to restrict my job searches to very local its a right ballache:laugh:

Just gave them a ring they are very good and told me that it should start on Friday ( when the letter was dated ) thank you for suggesting them ! Feel loads more confident now to walk in and give um what for about it ! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Kay said:

I am thinking of giving acas a ring about my job, I work as a cleaner there are 3 of us & if we are 1 down we have to do our own sections & split the 3rd section between the 2 of us, we only get an extra half hour added to the shift to do the extra work.

the last month one of the cleaners has been calling in sick & on 3 occasions myself & the other girl have had no notice off the company we are expected in early to cover, so the works still been done but it dont look like we will get paid for it because we clocked in our normal hours 

Getting a bit fed up of it now , wish I could drive so i could get a new job without having to restrict my job searches to very local its a right ballache:laugh:

Offer the customers a better rate than your company does, bomb out the sick note and you and the other girl earn a bit more wronga and have a few less clients, Bosses are like nappy,s full of shit and always hanging round your ass, better off without them ?

1 minute ago, Greyman said:

Offer the customers a better rate than your company does, bomb out the sick note and you and the other girl earn a bit more wronga and have a few less clients, Bosses are like nappy,s full of shit and always hanging round your ass, better off without them ?

Ha ha, I had a bloke work for me tried that, kept asking my clients to deal direct, the clients told me, he was out on his arse, so it can backfire

3 hours ago, Greyman said:

I am employed by the company I clean for its basically zero communication thats the issue  having no qualifications so to speak if I find another job its will be the same... payed from the neck down  roles are always like this in my experience 

13 hours ago, Kay said:

They can't have you coming in early and not paying you for it. Having a chat with ACAS might be worth the call by the sounds of it.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Kay said:

I am employed by the company I clean for its basically zero communication thats the issue  having no qualifications so to speak if I find another job its will be the same... payed from the neck down  roles are always like this in my experience 

Kay I left school barely able to read and right, I done two terms in borstal before moving on to big jail, I,m not saying that because I,m proud of it, but to show you that the value you put on yourself is more important than the value put on you by other people, I,m hard working and punctual as I can be, I own a van or two and will do anything for a days wages and if I have no work I drive round scavenging in skips for things to sell on eBay or weigh in for scrap,  I,m normally busyier than I want to be and earn a reasonable living, the only thing holding you back is yourself because life and society tell you that your not worth much more, well f**k that, we might not be able to run a company, but I doubt your boss would clean out a shitter either so he needs you as much as you need him, just value yourself a bit more and put a higher price on your time , I,m not a commie but no one is better than me and vice versa, good luck?

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Kay I left school barely able to read and right, I done two terms in borstal before moving on to big jail, I,m not saying that because I,m proud of it, but to show you that the value you put on yourself is more important than the value put on you by other people, I,m hard working and punctual as I can be, I own a van or two and will do anything for a days wages and if I have no work I drive round scavenging in skips for things to sell on eBay or weigh in for scrap,  I,m normally busyier than I want to be and earn a reasonable living, the only thing holding you back is yourself because life and society tell you that your not worth much more, well f**k that, we might not be able to run a company, but I doubt your boss would clean out a shitter either so he needs you as much as you need him, just value yourself a bit more and put a higher price on your time , I,m not a commie but no one is better than me and vice versa, good luck?

Thats spot on , the place would fall into chaos if they had to stop the production & get them to do there own cleaning if it wasn't done by us :thumbs:

So after talking to my boss about the 2 days she started shouting at me saying don’t have a go at me !!! I was only talking to her she tryed to blame HR department, luckily I have a whiteness that can confirm I only talked to her and did not have ago ! Now I am 100% sure am doing the [BANNED TEXT] thing moving jobs ! 

• Like 1

A little word of warning, don't rely on anyone who works there to back up anything you say, it's all good saying yes I,m behind you in the canteen, but when it comes to the crunch look over your shoulder and there,s no one there, better off sticking your phone on record if it's going to get shirtie, ?

• Like 2