First swift

Just seen my first swift, my misses seen them yesterday but I never got home until after dark but have just seen one, the magpies have played havoc over the last few years taking chicks and adults from my roof despite my best efforts to shoot them, I,ve had swifts in my roof for over 20 years but think this year might be different as I don't think any escaped the magpies to fledge last year so am glad to see them back but won't no if they,ll nest in my roof yet, fingers crossed ?

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

The swifts have just arrived on-masse they are twenty days late according to my diary,s it's better than telly watching them swooping between the houses ?? 

Isn't it. I'm sat here watching the hummers on the feeders. Midair dogfights are pretty spectacular.

Absolutely love it mate even sat out early this morning when everyone was in bed, I live in a very industrial area but if your willing to look it's surprising what's about,sadly most people are to busy to look up and appreciate it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Absolutely love it mate even sat out early this morning when everyone was in bed, I live in a very industrial area but if your willing to look it's surprising what's about,sadly most people are to busy to look up and appreciate it?

Great with my morning tea or coffee. The evening gets interesting when you're grilling near the feeders. They'll hover near you and try and get you to move. Better than anything on the telly.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Greyman said:

My Mrs only noticed that there was leave's on the tree's last week.