I've got one at last .......

9 hours ago, charlie caller said:

Very nice mate indeed, the more I see of these classic rifles the more I want a BSF b55 Bavaria,  I really miss mine, even if it was .22 lol.

BSF B55 Bavaria - bit of a beast that rifle was Tim :yes:.

Not the S54 underlever, I presume ?

Top drawer in the power stakes the 55 was.

I too, would love to own one but haven't seen one in ages.

For me, the legendary FWB Sport was better, especially the 124, ( .177) .

I just love shooting the classics.

FWB Sport 124

1867880038_IMG_0637(1).JPG.e21cfc13791af94fad04be04e3f255ca.JPG

• Like 2

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

........ A .177 BSA Mercury Challenger    It's not strictly 100% original, it has been tastefully restored - all of the metalwork has been reblued, the rear block has been enameled, seals ha

Lovely looking rifle Tom  - classics always are.                      I was shooting the Mercury rifle in .22 way back in the 70`s and took a hillside of vermin with them. Ayeeee to be

I did not buy it mark jonjon79 has.  That' a aweome pic mark - your airgun enthusiasm has spanned many decades! No wonder you love your classic springers so much.

Posted Images

post-102539-0-43313200-1488562849.jpegI never thought of mine as an antique, not a challenger but a standard Mercury with my own touch,s do have an AA pcp but still use the Mercury more as it feels more alive and is a lovely sized gun, I thought the airsporter was just an under leaver version of a Mercury hence all the similarity,s ? 

• Like 1

The 55 Bavaria was a break barrel, a few years back I missed a gorgeous Venom tuned one in .177, gutted, but still keep on the lookout for one, the HW 85 is modelled on the 55 apparently, the other BSF I have always fancied is the s70 Bayern underlever, that was a cracking rifle too.

• 1 month later...
On 28/04/2018 at 01:09, Deker said:

What do I know, but that stock and more than a bit of the metalwork seem to bear a striking resemblance to the Airsporter.

BSAa.thumb.jpg.038a419e083d4487a9052605f8c72884.jpg

Understandable I suppose!

:thumbs:

I grew up with BSA air rifles from the age of 12,super meteor, then airsporter, The reason it resembles the airsporter is because it IS the break barrel equivalent OF the airsporter, I remember the guys in Woodies of Wembley telling me that when I traded my meteor for the airsporter....