A couple of working Lakelands

Just now, Lenmcharristar said:

how about point in the right direction?

My lad hunts the high moors with a lad that owns Lakeys that are bred with a lot of working heritage behind them,nothing like the boxy,short coupled mutts that the majority see as Lakeys now,higher on the leg,narrower and far more workmanlike in conformation and nature.I know of him,my lad works his Beddy mongrels with him and im hoping that one of his next litter comes my way.I cannot point where im not invited.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Place is quiet so thought id stick a couple of pics of A few Lakelands I have had quite a few good digs to the last 2 seasons there not mine 2 other mates own the same stuff between them the last 18 y

this is who it really is now stopend.....from right yes is charlie page....2nd man is jonny mc nulty...3rd man willy lynch who was eigthy on sunday passed but you would know that not son of  hawker ly

My ex missus had teeth and they never kept her mouth inline

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, morton said:

Nope it looks nothing much like a Lakeland.

Didnt put it up in response to your post. Or looking for your approval. I rarely even read  your posts as there normally long winded and full of shit

1 minute ago, Cannon said:

Didnt put it up in response to your post. Or looking for your approval. I rarely even read  your posts as there normally long winded and full of shit

You obviously read them to know they are full of excrement.Im not having a pop at you mucker but at times the obvious needs pointing out,you possibly wanted a Lakey and sourced a mutt advertised as such,the facts are folk will embelish an advert to make a sale and folk are walking about with a mutt on a leash that is an imitation of the real thing.If you are happy with the mutt thats all that matters but when you post a piccy of it on a Lakey thread its often kinder to be honest than say thats a bonny Lakey,as some will.You don,t need my approval mucker,or anybody elses,ive attempted in my own ignorant way to be honest with you.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, morton said:

You obviously read them to know they are full of excrement.Im not having a pop at you mucker but at times the obvious needs pointing out,you possibly wanted a Lakey and sourced a mutt advertised as such,the facts are folk will embelish an advert to make a sale and folk are walking about with a mutt on a leash that is an imitation of the real thing.If you are happy with the mutt thats all that matters but when you post a piccy of it on a Lakey thread its often kinder to be honest than say thats a bonny Lakey,as some will.You don,t need my approval mucker,or anybody elses,ive attempted in my own ignorant way to be honest with you.

Cant even be arsed ?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, morton said:

The Lakey is certainly on the decline as a grafter,shows,dollar and the internet.Its easy a enough to source a pup and spend £450 doing so,that seems to be the price now,id not own one of these high priced frauds that masquerade as Lakeys.The genuine type is hard to come by,they are there if you look hard and you certainly need to look hard.

I was at a show a fews week ago an a mate was talking to a bloke he just met who had a boot full of lakies an said that the dog he owns is up for stud for 500?? So with a smile on our face we asked him why is it 500 for stud an his reply was because it's got middleton blood in him?? I felt like slapping him across the face, we didn' say anything else to the bloke an f****d off.

• Haha 1