Fell terrier cross

3 minutes ago, LuckyLamper said:

I still think fell or patterdale crossed to a grey would make handy dogs like a lot more game proven black dogs then beddys about 

Wonder what the reasons is for not using them in the first place it’s not like a pat or fell is a new breed of working dog theres got to be a reason they we’re always left on the shelf ??‍♂️My guess is they produced small weedy little screamers that would yap the fields bare on the lamp or had lack of trainability to be of much use in the day ferreting or the like bet people thought what’s the point we have proven dogs producing the good to a decent standard why play about ??

• Thanks 1

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The brothers bitch father is patterdale and dam is full whippet about 5mths.. Should be interesting to see how it works out. Def plenty of character.

cant believe i found this. not the best image but the little bitch is the first cross fellterrier.x. greyhound. the black n tan was 15 tts and he was the sire. the two pot lickers in the centre where

This thread has been done before I think so I apologise. I've been wondering about this cross for various reasons I'll not waste too much time on. Done a bit of searching and found what doesn't surpri

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, poxon said:

Wonder what the reasons is for not using them in the first place it’s not like a pat or fell is a new breed of working dog theres got to be a reason they we’re always left on the shelf ??‍♂️My guess is they produced small weedy little screamers that would yap the fields bare on the lamp or had lack of trainability to be of much use in the day ferreting or the like bet people thought what’s the point we have proven dogs producing the good to a decent standard why play about ??

good point there must be a reason. only other popular ones around here were whippet x bull. I don't mean pit, i mean the older type of Stafford. both first cross and three quarter. a lot swore by them. 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, poxon said:

Don’t see how the would be weedy?? Most black dogs I’ve seen are solid out robust fuckers. I get what your saying though as most breeding worker to worker lurchers is the best and easiest way to get good dogs, I’m only saying it would be interesting to see this cross in action and how they’d turn out as I have never seen one personally 

1 hour ago, LuckyLamper said:

Don’t see how the would be weedy?? Most black dogs I’ve seen are solid out robust fuckers. I get what your saying though as most breeding worker to worker lurchers is the best and easiest way to get good dogs, I’m only saying it would be interesting to see this cross in action and how they’d turn out as I have never seen one personally 

Hybridisation is a funny thing but one things clear what ever way you look at it the cross hadn’t produced anything useful enough to warrant it to be popular as a universal working dog Like the beddy.the beddys problem is that’s been it’s blessing is they have not a lot of control over size of the beddy so the hybrid can be skinny little fuckers to avarage size Lurchers of various builds. But who knows ??‍♂️I’m my eye an on paper a fell or pat in modern times makes more sense from a working point of view trying to produce working dogs than a beddy due to the shit state of the beddy 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, poxon said:

Hybridisation is a funny thing but one things clear what ever way you look at it the cross hadn’t produced anything useful enough to warrant it to be popular as a universal working dog Like the beddy.the beddys problem is that’s been it’s blessing is they have not a lot of control over size of the beddy so the hybrid can be skinny little fuckers to avarage size Lurchers of various builds. But who knows ??‍♂️I’m my eye an on paper a fell or pat in modern times makes more sense from a working point of view trying to produce working dogs than a beddy due to the shit state of the beddy 

I do think your right as my self I have Beddy whippet cross from lurcher to lurcher breeding as those tend to be a safer bet than the straight f1 cross but maybe it’s just my curiosity taking over but I’d just love to see a good leggy pat put to a running dog see what happens they could be shite or they could be handy little rabbiters that wouldn’t think twice about flying into stuff 

• Like 1