The all new defender unveiled

3 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I watched a episode of the ww2 era farm series from the people that done Victorian/Edwardian farm and they converted old ambulance to use coal or was it steam?

Could it be wood gas? The Swedes converted a lot around that time because of the lack of fuel during the war.

This is in Swedish but you can switch on the subtitles if you're interested.

I remember from school chemistry lessons that in WW2 buses were modified by adding a trailer which produced two gases - the buses ran on the gas - one was called 'producer gas' and the second was the result of adding something to the process - it also powered the bus.  OK it was 50-60 years ago look it up !

That is a huge leap forward in technology, a landrover with a HEATER that works ...:icon_eek: ..seems quieter and smokes less than most and with better acceleration and top end speed it’s got to be a winner ...I presume it still leaks oil and water so people know where your parking spaces are ..little more work to do on draft proofing and windscreen wipers but definitely a big tech leap ...

• Haha 4