Was pondering as I drove  to kids school other day , how messy some of the farmers are,

when I was little an roamed countryside you was lucky to find a ici fertiliser bag to go sledging with, 

but now days there's bale wrap everywhere how no ones had accident with it covering a windscreen I don't know,an if you can get done for littering out of a car ,how come they not been done it's everywhere ,piles of it dumped in gateways ,bits stuck in hedges, I stopped other day thinking someone had lost a longnet out back of a truck but it was some length of netting from what I don't know.just rolled up on the verge .

or is it just the farms round here?

It's the same over here as well. We drove down the country yesterday to collect a pup. 

We past some farms and farm yards. The amount of trash and rubbish throw around them was unbelievable. 

Atb j

My neighbor is a culprit, he just cuts the plastic off on the stack and drives off with the bale. The plastic blows over my fields and onto my shed, it’s a pain throwing it all back over the fence. We’ve had words but I think the old bugger is well past caring lol

them fly tippers are a bunch of tw@s as well, you leave a gate open over night and there’s a heap of crap on the lane!

Edited by Blackdog92

On one farm I go he has ocd  he's for ever cleaning up on a another he's always complaining about money and been in over worked yet he has a brand new 4x4  and bmw and just sold 2 barn conversion's for over 1\2 a million the place is a shit hole yet he's to tight to employ anyone 

7 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

No such thing as rubbish on a farm ?

See when I was younger there wasn't really ,there was scrap or equipment lying around an patches of nettles or brambles but stuff like hessian sacks etc. Were put away,if there was rubbish as such it was normally hidden away in a old disused building.

but this last year it's been sticking in my mind more that farms look more untidy an its mainly either bale wrap other plastic stuff involved.

• Like 1

I think its an unholy combination of 'wont rot down' and 'no money in farming'. However there were always seed drills/rakes rusting in piles of nettles but to me they didnt look like the rubbish we see today. It may also be that most farmers are old now and dont do work that doesnt either make money or life easier.

I also remember many farmers filling in pits by using them as tips, you didnt see it but the habit put paid to newts frogs and didnt help eels etc - I would love to have all those old ponds back and I have lost many a rabbit in a pit filled with rusty old cars/machinery/barbed wire.

• Like 1

It would be handy if we could all have clamp silage instead of round bales, that would stop the wrapping problem. 

Its a vicous circle with bale wrapping, we have to buy the wrapping to put on the bales we then have to pay for it to be taken away then they sell us it back as stock board...

• Like 1

Farmers are getting lazy in other aspects too.you should see the state of there animals.straight off the turnips in this weather.not belly clipped,dagged,filthy and wet.there used to be a time when they were all clean,dry and clipped as they should be.the pride has gone.

3 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

Farmers are getting lazy in other aspects too.you should see the state of there animals.straight off the turnips in this weather.not belly clipped,dagged,filthy and wet.there used to be a time when they were all clean,dry and clipped as they should be.the pride has gone.

How are you supposed to keep lambs dry in a field when it’s raining?

i get what you mean about the dagging but I would leave the belly on until there going to be slaughtered.