Nissan pathfinder

I got a pathfinder and i was reading up on the comments  on fuel consumption on another form  and i realize its no for going for a paper or a pint of milk in  but going back and fourth to work in 6th gear its running at 2000 revs and i don't even know what the miles to the galleon is  but then they said instead of 2 wheel drive i should have it set on auto ?  what difference would that make to  fuel consumption ?

thing with sticking it in auto is it will only go into 4wd when it`s needed rather than you waiting for the wheels to spin and think "oh shit", it can cost MPG if conditions are not good but there again if it was bad and you thought you needed to switch on the 4wd mode that would also cost, as for the most economic revs to run a motor at you need look at the power curves, peak torque is when an engine is running at it`s optimum, hopefully that`s below the max speed limit but there again, if fuel consumption is a concern don`t buy any offroader, they all drink fuel

• 5 months later...
On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 01:01, neil82 said:

thing with sticking it in auto is it will only go into 4wd when it`s needed rather than you waiting for the wheels to spin and think "oh shit", it can cost MPG if conditions are not good but there again if it was bad and you thought you needed to switch on the 4wd mode that would also cost, as for the most economic revs to run a motor at you need look at the power curves, peak torque is when an engine is running at it`s optimum, hopefully that`s below the max speed limit but there again, if fuel consumption is a concern don`t buy any offroader, they all drink fuel

…....months on but that's it, Auto mode is 2 wheel drive almost all the time, but will go into 4 wheel drive as required, actually it will fire different power to each wheel as required.

Vast majority of time Auto drive mode will be 2 wheel drive!

Little or no effect on fuel consumption if it doesn't cut into 4 wheel drive.

22 hours ago, walshie said:

The worry of the chassis breaking in half would bother me more than the mpg. 

Thought that was the navara, unsure if they are the same chassis or not, but considering my mate got a lovely huge payout on his navara earlier this year, considerably more than the value of the truck, it wouldn't concern me, so much so I have one sitting in my yard on speculation ?

Thought it was also just the Navara where the gap was between the cab and the back is where they go ? The Pathfinder doesn't have that as its like a estate car 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The one said:

Thought it was also just the Navara where the gap was between the cab and the back is where they go ? The Pathfinder doesn't have that as its like a estate car 

Nope it's the Pathfinder as well. Definitely. 

https://www.parkers.co.uk/vans-pickups/advice/2017/nissan-navara-snapped-chassis/