• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So when you zeroed the rifle, you would have dialled in windage adjustments to compensate for the lateral deviation of the pellet. Unfortunately, that will be the only point on the pellet’s trajectory

I don't see how you can possibly put it down to 'wear and tear', it's a scope for feck sake, not a set of tyres or brake pads, it either works or its buggered,    my shooting buddy had had a

bn uses a hw100.. ive heard of people stripping the grease out cos if theres to much it loses power on cold/freezing days! theres a thing on youtube about it sure it was only about 1/2ftlb might

Sorry mate, seals working, then not working, - not at all uncommon, so the air pressure behind the pellet varies according to the gun`s seals, - just a service and change of seals mate, - at a guess ?

One of my mates had a very similar scenario down the club, - " remember"- a guess that it`s the same problem ?

• Like 2

I had this years ago with a hawke.

Either the nitrogen had escaped the body/tube but this should also fog up inside. And would change poi in temperature changes, but big temp difference needed.

But i heard it could be how the gun is stored i had mine in a locker indoors and the gun stood upright leaned back stock at the bottom.

Its an easy solution, leave the gun out on its side then try the next day to see if the poi changes again.

I had already got a new scope by this time. So i have no answer.

FF

Edited by Furrosious ferreter
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, mattwhite said:

It shouldn't effect it pal.

If it was a Springer and you were out in real cold conditions after zeroing on a warm day I would chuck a guess at the lubricant thickening and effecting the internals enough to bugger things up but I'm pretty sure a pcp is virtually immune to this. Its a real daft thing to suggest but could you be overtightening the mounts or scope when you check it pal? 

Just a thought as that's the first thing I go to when something's not quite right?

Its always been on this gun matt and i havent tuched the mounts since it got put on pal

• Like 1

I don't see how you can possibly put it down to 'wear and tear', it's a scope for feck sake, not a set of tyres or brake pads, it either works or its buggered, 

my shooting buddy had had a very similiar problem, he would zero it during the day, put it away and it would need resorting again the next day, it seemed even worse when he left it at mine (considerably colder house than his).

he spent ages trying to work it out, turned out it was the gun, not the scope

my first port of call would be to check it on the chrono

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Furrosious ferreter said:

I had this years ago with a hawke.

Either the nitrogen had escaped the body/tube but this should also fog up inside. And would change poi in temperature changes but big difference.

But i heard it could be how the gun is stored i had mine in a locker indoors and the gun stood upright leaned back stock at the bottom.

Its an easy solution, leave the gun out on its side then try the next day to see if the poi changes again.

I had already got a new scope by this time. So i have no answer.

FF

Cheers mate, It isnt fogged up and i do keep the gun stood up like you say but thats how i have always kept it and this problem has only started 2 weeks ago

2 minutes ago, Rabid said:

I don't see how you can possibly put it down to 'wear and tear', it's a scope for feck sake, not a set of tyres or brake pads, it either works or its buggered, 

my shooting buddy had had a very similiar problem, he would zero it during the day, put it away and it would need resorting again the next day, it seemed even worse when he left it at mine (considerably colder house than his).

he spent ages trying to work it out, turned out it was the gun, not the scope

Best thing for me to do then is put another scope on and try it out for a few times and see if it happens with that on, cheers for that mate

3 minutes ago, big napper said:

Best thing for me to do then is put another scope on and try it out for a few times and see if it happens with that on, cheers for that mate

Nah I'd chrono the gun first mate, always pays to know exactly how it's behaving anyway.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, big napper said:

Cheers mate, It isnt fogged up and i do keep the gun stood up like you say but thats how i have always kept it and this problem has only started 2 weeks ago

Thats how i always kept mine too.

If you rezero is it the same amount of clicks and the same way?

Have you put it over chrony and measured the fps? If not do that first, then the next time you have to rezero do a string over the chrony again if the fps has dropped again will be the gun.

If you go out in the day do you still need to adjust zero?

As in a previous post could be grease fail.

FF

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, big napper said:

Yes mate, another good point for our pcp lads on this topic is to keep your rifles under good pressure in between outings to keep the seals under pressure in storage is far better for your rifle " than not" :good:.

I top mine up to full pressure after each and every outing, same pellet choice and never ever clean that beautifully leaded barrel " ever" ! 

If the rifle stays " constant" then the scope / mounts are to blame 

Good luck BN, - hoped it helped any :good:

• Like 1

It is about the same amount of clicks each time but always left and right not up and down thats why i dont think its to do with fps as that would make the difference in up and down wouldent it.

And i always top up the air after i finish with the gun mark so always pressure in it pal