Just wanting to know if temperature can interfier with scopes as the last few times iv been out iv had to rezero and not just a few clicks, the guns kept in a coubard (its quite warm) and its been cold days the past few times iv been out,

Can that be why or is the scope fu**ed

Cheers for any help on this

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So when you zeroed the rifle, you would have dialled in windage adjustments to compensate for the lateral deviation of the pellet. Unfortunately, that will be the only point on the pellet’s trajectory

I don't see how you can possibly put it down to 'wear and tear', it's a scope for feck sake, not a set of tyres or brake pads, it either works or its buggered,    my shooting buddy had had a

bn uses a hw100.. ive heard of people stripping the grease out cos if theres to much it loses power on cold/freezing days! theres a thing on youtube about it sure it was only about 1/2ftlb might

Temperature knocks my zero off all the time. It's never me :D 

Dunno mate. I would hope not. Perhaps it would need to super extreme in both directions to effect anything, heat expanding, cold contracting kinda thing. 

Good question naps.

• Like 2

It shouldn't effect it pal.

If it was a Springer and you were out in real cold conditions after zeroing on a warm day I would chuck a guess at the lubricant thickening and effecting the internals enough to bugger things up but I'm pretty sure a pcp is virtually immune to this. Its a real daft thing to suggest but could you be overtightening the mounts or scope when you check it pal? 

Just a thought as that's the first thing I go to when something's not quite right?

3 minutes ago, mark williams said:

Did I read somewhere that a spring rifle zero gets effected by the cold ?

Saying that BN are we talking spring rifle or pcp ?

You did pal. Its down to the lubricant and how much is in there?

• Like 2

bn uses a hw100.. ive heard of people stripping the grease out cos if theres to much it loses power on cold/freezing days!

theres a thing on youtube about it sure it was only about 1/2ftlb might be enough to alter the  zero  but not to sure!

do a chrono at home bn and one when your out in the elements.

the 100 I bought a few months ago had that much grease in it fist thing I did was strip it cos it was doing 10.5 instantly went up to mid 11's:thumbs:

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, si brown said:

bn uses a hw100.. ive heard of people stripping the grease out cos if theres to much it loses power on cold/freezing days!

theres a thing on youtube about it sure it was only about 1/2ftlb might be enough to alter the  zero  but not to sure!

do a chrono at home bn and one when your out in the elements.

the 100 I bought a few months ago had that much grease in it fist thing I did was strip it cos it was doing 10.5 instantly went up to mid 11's:thumbs:

Nice one si? so pcps are not immune to it?

Yes si its my hw100, 

Its not the gun its defo the scope, when i take my first few shots its off zero from what it was the day before so i zero it in and its ok all day then the next day il have to zero again and thats happend a few times now every day i take it out it has to be rezerod, it hasnt been dropped or banged thats why i dont know whats wrong