Airgun moderators

Evening all. I’m looking to pick up a moderator for my rifle, as its a touch louder than I’d like. I was wondering if any of you lot had suggestions/recommendations when it comes to moderators for airguns. I’m shooting a .22, sub 12, RWS LR25 which is a relatively long rifle anyway but I’m not overly worried about additional length if I’m honest as I’ll be picking up another rifle in the near future, as I’d like a second one that’s a bit more compact for night shooting but would still like a moderator for the RWS. 

Cheers 

Smithy 

If my memory serves me right that's a UNF front end on the 25... I maybe wrong. 

A Swift stumpy, A&M titch or twink... just to keep the length down a touch. Even though I say your not to bothered.

Good mods them. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Rabid said:

It's not loud, stand 10 yards away from it been shot and you can't hear it.

Good point... but come on... after hearing that hw100 I may as well be shooting an unmoderated .308 ?

cheers for the suggestions Rez and Jimmy 

• Like 1

The best ine I've ever used is an A&M Marksman.

There's a few other good ones out there - A&M Twink, Weihrauch, Swift Stumpy Modular, Hogan Decimeter.

I couldn't get on with the BSA VC one - it made a metalic chirping sound when I fired through it.

Huggetts are pretty but, not one of the best for killing sound.

• Like 1

HW. And you can't go wrong for the money in comparison to what A&M are charging. 

Unless you can hear a fly fart you won't tell the difference between most. 

Huggets are dreadful at sound reduction but have the tart appeal. 

10 hours ago, Mark_mjs93 said:

Good point... but come on... after hearing that hw100 I may as well be shooting an unmoderated .308 ?

cheers for the suggestions Rez and Jimmy 

Everything sounds noisy in comparison to the hw. Not because everything is loud, that hw is the quietest gun you will ever hear, you won't find anything else like it mate. It's had a lot of effort, time and money invested in that-hence why I fanny around when it comes to parting with it.

a&m silencers are exceptionally good, but expensive and big !  When you bring your gun over you can try mine on it and see what you think.

hugget, well I personally wouldn't bother with one

Hw are are good value mod.

You would be better off selling your rifle and buying what you want bud, I've heard a few comments from you about stuff you don't like about it, will cost a fortune getting it how you want, then it will be a huge long thing, and very personal, you won't ever get back what it owes you, so better to spend the money on a gun you really like in the first place, I don't see you ever been 100% happy with yours, especially now you've seen the good stuff ?

• Like 2

Im a big fan of the twink and marksman mods

but me and viz find that on a hw100 the Weihrauch is best for this rifle

but both the twink and marksman are best for other rifles

but deadly silent on a bsa ultra and R10

hugget looks good but thats it as say,d

Mind if you could silence the pellet hitting the pray

then you would be onto a winner there lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

On 20/01/2018 at 05:23, bigmac 97kt said:

Im a big fan of the twink and marksman mods

but me and viz find that on a hw100 the Weihrauch is best for this rifle

but both the twink and marksman are best for other rifles

but deadly silent on a bsa ultra and R10

hugget looks good but thats it as say,d

Mind if you could silence the pellet hitting the pray

then you would be onto a winner there lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Mine are silent when they hit the prey.. apparently so silent the prey don't even notice it... definitely not missing of course :icon_redface:

• Haha 1