Brexit Thread Redux

12 minutes ago, BGD said:

You reckon Buzzfeed made up the analysis out of whole cloth? :hmm: I doubt that personally.

There is no "balancing" it, either the analysis really does come from leaked government documents or it doesn't.

Who knows but what  do know is the article is vague at best  ....I think everyone accepts there's going to be pluses and minuses  but without a crystal ball I'd say its very difficult to say exactly what is going to prosper or suffer its  just speculation  it's like trying to make a egg out of a omlet at this point 

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I genuinely think it’s more simple than that mate, almost to a man none of them want to leave this massive and very lucrative club for people just like themselves and they have found the way to f**k o

All this could have been avoided, if the EU had had the brains to throw that prick Cameron a bone when he was asking for a different deal for the UK, there never would have been a referendum. The

I had a conversation in the week with a bloke I do business with. He phones up sounding like he is going to be shot at dawn and tells me that another associate has taken over a dealership so now

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, kanny said:

Who knows but what  do know is the article is vague at best  ....I think everyone accepts there's going to be pluses and minuses  but without a crystal ball I'd say its very difficult to say exactly what is going to prosper or suffer its  just speculation  it's like trying to make a egg out of a omlet at this point 

It's not that vague, it simply provides the findings the government came to in their own Brexit impact assessment. I assume they've held back from publishing the assessent in full to protect their source.

If Buzzfeed are making shit up and the government want to prove that it's as simple as releasing the assessment in full, something they were ordered to do by Parliament months ago...

9 hours ago, BGD said:

It's not that vague, it simply provides the findings the government came to in their own Brexit impact assessment. I assume they've held back from publishing the assessent in full to protect their source.

If Buzzfeed are making shit up and the government want to prove that it's as simple as releasing the assessment in full, something they were ordered to do by Parliament months ago...

It's just yet another very convenient leak its become blatantly obvious recently that the government have no intention of leaving the EU  it will be and has been project fear until the people fall in line 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, scothunter said:

What do you expect when the vast majority in the government never wanted brexit and the ones who did only done so as to further There miserable career's 

Disloyal greedy self serving mutants!

It's all about protecting inefficient big business and making the consumer pay for it  funny that these reports never highlight the benefits for the country's working class like removing the 11.5% trade tariffs on goods from Asia meaning cheeper cloths and shoes and that places like Taiwan are going to be able to vastly undercut places like Spain and Portugal for growing a lot of our food making the average Joe's food bill cheeper quite contradictory to the we will being paying a extra 2k a year that we was being spun 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/911823/Chinese-Global-Britain-post-Brexit-trade-deal-Theresa-May

• Like 1

Yea well it's about time food bills came down. 

They know food has risen in price and utilities. However they haven't increased wages in the public sector. 

Or even for the poor c**ts on the dole as not all on benefits are shiftless b*****d's. But hey it's ok there food banks out there let the general public who are struggling give these food banks there charity. 

While Westminster elite get there perks and subsidies. Oh and come out with statement s like "there lots of reasons why people use foodbanks" lol yea like to eat they mean. Out of touch mutants

• Like 2

The emerging Asian markets are full of potential for us  we are the front of house the shop window for the rest of Europe in these new market that's why the EU is cacking  it because we can simply out source the EU  if need be giving them a double hit they will no longer get our contributions and we will be taking valuable business from them 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/911521/brexit-news-trade-deal-south-korea-eu-david-davis

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/911837/france-attack-brexit-britain-warns-japanese-companies-consequences-trade-deal-britain

And I haven't even mentioned the potential  USA  deal yet .....it's still all  to play for don't buy into project fear we need to demand that our democratic decision  is seen through to the end 

Maybe folk will start growing there own veg. When I was a kid almost every garden had a veg patch. Used to nick the odd pea pods through the fences haha. 

I bought carrot seeds other day. Never grew veg thought I'd give it a bash even bought pumpkin seeds. Just as a wee project if they turn out I'll give them to the kids over the road for Halloween. 

2 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Maybe folk will start growing there own veg. When I was a kid almost every garden had a veg patch. Used to nick the odd pea pods through the fences haha. 

I bought carrot seeds other day. Never grew veg thought I'd give it a bash even bought pumpkin seeds. Just as a wee project if they turn out I'll give them to the kids over the road for Halloween. 

I think more people are but we have accept  the world has changed and its not going back 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Im seeing a lot of corners of fields being fenced of and turned into allotments/small holdings  I'd guess the rent of land is more valuable to the farmer than it can produce in crop value  ...there definitely seems to be a want for it but its not for everyone 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, kanny said:

Im seeing a lot of corners of fields being fenced of and turned into allotments/small holdings  I'd guess the rent of land is more valuable to the farmer than it can produce in crop value  ...there definitely seems to be a want for it but its not for everyone 

Unless there is some kind of catastrophic twist in life allotments will only be a hobby for most. It's amazing how we've gone from self-reliant to dependants in three generations.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, kanny said:

It's just yet another very convenient leak its become blatantly obvious recently that the government have no intention of leaving the EU  it will be and has been project fear until the people fall in line 

As I said :whistling: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/30/pro-brexit-tories-accuse-party-colleagues-deliberate-leak

8 minutes ago, kanny said:

Agreed but when a Tory minister says "Nothing to see here. Just ignore it" I can't help but think we should be looking at it very closely. Again it could be pure speculation but the information should be analyzed to determine it's validity. I don't see any MP doing that justice at present.