Brexit Thread Redux

2 hours ago, JohnGalway said:

Simon Coveney is possibly one of the people on this planet I dislike the most.

But, against an attitude like you seem to hold based on your comments here I'll back him to the hilt :thumbs:

Mate, I don’t know what impression you are getting of any attitude I have but I’ll lay it out plain.

I was involved in a sensible conversation about the subject and as I remember it was you that let the old “anti empire, taste of your own medicine” shite creep in.....not me.

But if plain speaking is where we are at then here we go.

I love living in Ireland, Ireland at a social level is getting masses of things right that the UK is getting very wrong.

I can put my hands up honestly and say my homeland is f****d........it’s in a bad f***ing place.

BUT, as a race of people we are still as good as any and in many cases better.

Ireland is everything England was and that’s why so many English Move there, people are nice, they treat each other well......they behave as normal people should.

So, I can hold my hands up and be honest about my homeland and its failings.........So let me turn that honestly to my country of residence failings......

Because mate, what I won’t allow as an Englishman is a country to lecture England like a little schoolboy when that country is a complete non starter in the history of this planet.

Theres a lot of clever Irish businessmen about and almost to a man, they have all f****d off to a place that functions.

If the country collectively had any gumption or idea how to do more than prop up the railings at the local mart it would be flying.......you have lots of cheap available commercial property, you have attractive corporate tax rates, you have decent transport links, the standard of living is good and yet you can’t make any of it work because you can’t even get the internet connected or be bothered to think outside the box.......you can’t be bothered to do anything ! 

Now, theres a lot to be said for keeping things how they are and not jumping on that commercial bandwagon BUT.........and it’s a MASSIVE fecking BUT.........

England as country will take no f***ing lectures from Ireland about how you should go about things........we have been making things happen on the world stage for over 500 years.

We gave everyone the modern world......period !

I have no interest in all this petty anti English / anti Irish shite......we are all the same people basically so to me it’s nonsense.

Concentrate on keeping your own young folk in Ireland and making the place work, be a lot better than looking over Trusks shoulder and sneering “yeah” like some playground weakling who’s big because his big mate is backing him up ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I genuinely think it’s more simple than that mate, almost to a man none of them want to leave this massive and very lucrative club for people just like themselves and they have found the way to f**k o

All this could have been avoided, if the EU had had the brains to throw that prick Cameron a bone when he was asking for a different deal for the UK, there never would have been a referendum. The

I had a conversation in the week with a bloke I do business with. He phones up sounding like he is going to be shot at dawn and tells me that another associate has taken over a dealership so now

Posted Images

On 12/1/2017 at 20:23, WILF said:

Ireland are actually on their knees begging the UK to stay in because they are shitting it.......they are puffing their chests out and bluffing but we all know the truth.

When the referendum result came in the other year the Irish collectively spent the whole morning on the toilet with the shits.....they do so much trade with the UK and our people’s are so closely woven together with relatives, trade, lads working in England and doing business in England that they don’t want it too end........but they are so far up the EUs arse with CAP payments that they can’t afford to upset them either.......they are literally stuck in a cluster f**k.

That Varadkar has got a f***ing cheek.......talking like he is Charlie big bollocks, him and his government are “the help” not the house owner ;)

You'd want to get that memory of your checked Wilf, re read the thread while you're at it :thumbs:

Edited by JohnGalway

My post reeks of animosity but I don’t have any at all, I’m just telling the truth.

As I said, love the place, love the people.....they have all been very kind to me and mine and I have respected the fact I’m in another mans country.

But, as Londoners sometimes say, let’s have it right.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

My post reeks of animosity

If you stopped there we could have agreed on something :laugh: 

If you want, as you say, to have it right, then don't post a load of shit about others and expect no reply. For a lad who exports to deepest darkest Africa you should know that much about the world :thumbs:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-may/irish-border-deal-reported-settled-as-may-meets-juncker-idUKKBN1DX0XR

Britain’s Daily Telegraph and Financial Times reported that London had agreed with Dublin, which has the backing of the European Union, to maintain regulatory “alignment” with the EU on both sides of the border to avoid a possible flare-up in the violence which troubled Northern Ireland for decades.

European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker spoke to Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar by phone. EU lawmaker Philippe Lamberts, who met Juncker earlier on Monday, said the draft text on Ireland would commit Britain to “full alignment” on rules.

That's going to blow up in their faces if it means what I think it does.....

• Like 1

It may work, Northern Ireland was almost a majority “Remain” vote if I remember correctly......so they will remain and all the loonies will have to find something else to fight about !! 

However, now we have to listen to the SNP crying like f**k.......and it’s a also going to be a small corner of the UK that got f****d out of Brexit......they just have the rest to work on now!!

However, it could have wider implications of putting the UK in a unique position of having a foot in both camps.

Part of it will pretty much be part of the EU and the rest and independent nation.

Could be a good opportunity for those who want to exploit that position for business purposes ? 

• Like 1

So now instead of the Repbulicans being pissed off it's the Unionists (who May relies on for her Westminster majority) and the SNP are already saying if NI gets to stay in the Single Market and Customs Unions why can't Scotland.

What a clusterfuck :laugh:

• Like 2
1 minute ago, BGD said:

So now instead of the Repbulicans being pissed off it's the Unionists (who May relies on for her Westminster majority) and the SNP are already saying if NI gets to stay in the Single Market and Customs Unions why can't Scotland.

Couldn’t agree more mate, personally I hope they f**k the whole thing up and show the whole world what a bunch of jokers they are.

Theres a part of me thinking that they need to f**k the British people over on Brexit......hopefully that would destroy Labour and the Torys!!????

If they deliver this fake Brexit they are aiming for everyone will just keep on sleep walking along maybe ?

11 minutes ago, BGD said:

I'm not sure I follow. My understanding is that they have agreed that the WHOLE of Britain will keep "aligned" with EU regs, not just NI. Please correct me if I have misunderstood.

If that's the case, then I'm not entirely sure how much we have 'left' the EU.......

Depends what they mean by "aligned with EU regulation". Are we accepting the supremacy of Eu parliament? Are we simply accepting trade standards and regulations to ensure fair competition in their respective markets?

1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

I'm not sure I follow. My understanding is that they have agreed that the WHOLE of Britain will keep "aligned" with EU regs, not just NI. Please correct me if I have misunderstood.

If that's the case, then I'm not entirely sure how much we have 'left' the EU.......

Depends what they mean by "aligned with EU regulation". Are we accepting the supremacy of Eu parliament? Are we simply accepting trade standards and regulations to ensure fair competition in their respective markets?

My understanding from everything I've read is that the island of Ireland will keep aligned with EU regs not the whole of Britain. I haven't seen anything that says the whole of Britain will commit to alignment with EU regs.