Merry Christmas to me. Why does stuff always go wrong at Christmas? What's the best stuff to paint on for a quick fix?

Flexacryl any good? We stuck a patch on today but it seems to be worse now. I'e just been up there and stretched a tarp out which seems to have slowed down the flow a bit for now but I could do with it fixed.

Cheers in advance 

It' been given a bladdering of flexacryl this morning in the likely area so hopefully that helps it for a while. If I can get some cash together after Christmas I'll look into putting a pitch over it or fibreglassing it.

20 minutes ago, Navek said:

If it's a felt roof mate try get lump of tar/bitumen  put it in a saucepan stick it on a fire and melt it then pour it on .or a square patch of torch on felt 

The patch of torch on didn't work but this flexacryl seems to have done the job.

Had a new flat roof on few month ago , butyl rubber seems to be the way to go if you can , carting the rubber up the scaffolding then the tonne of stones to go on top wasn’t an easy job though 

• 1 month later...

Boy next door got some rubber compound stuff off the back of a lorry for his roof  but he says it was £80 a  gallon and its siver :laugh: thats going to go down a treat here somebody will be on the phone 

On 26/11/2017 at 17:51, ADAM C said:

Great stuff.  We've used a lot of it over the years.  Really good for patching old cast iron gutter leaks 

On 18/01/2018 at 01:00, W. Katchum said:

Will it repair a rip in felt without having to lift felt an redoin it ??

That flexacryl will I'd say. It's sorted the bits I've painted with it, unfortunately the rain came a different direction last night and found a different leak ☹