• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They like playing with bog rolls

I recon it,s a pack of bedlington whippets chasing a fox,

And I get stick over my pictures, they can't really have identified them from that picture surely

Posted Images

Been reading up on this a little and I,m more confused than when I started, apparently certain wolves gray wolve for example are identical in there DNA make up with domestic dogs, and have cross bred since man first domesticated dogs, so the two main questions that spring to mind are how can you tell if they are pure or not if they carry the same DNA and what damage is it doing if they are genetically identical and have been doing it since the year dot, I know it's never a good idea to put human feelings on animals and I,m sure many would love the ideal of doing this but it is the equivalent of us killing mixed raced people as they are genetically the same but in physical appearance may differ slightly, I,m not stating this as a fact and if anyone with more knowledge than me can correct me please do

That's a bit of a misleading statement if that's what you have read. They're not genetically identical, in fact two dogs out of the same litter aren't even so. Wolves and dogs are so genetically similar though so as to be able to breed to produce fertile offspring.

• Like 2