Rabbit Gun On A Budget!

This is just speaking for my self and not any recommendation or advice.

I have not been back into air rifles that long. My first PCP rifles was a BSA Scorpion SE .177 and a BSA Ultra SE .22 both from new. My shooting is getting better and better but will unfortunately no longer ever come anything close to the marksmanship of my youth.

My point is i do not know of anyone who can out shoot those two rifles, in fact thinking about it, of almost any one of the modern Air Rifles. If I was to be in the market now knowing that i do know of modern rifles, I have no hesitation in saying just for myself that I would not look any further than the BSA Scorpion SE or BSA Ultra SE in .177 or .22 for ether one. Forgot I do not have to, as I still have them.

In fact I treated myself for my Sixtieth and got the BSA Scorpion SE .25. I also have BSA Lightning Spring rifles in .177 and .22. I like BSA just as others like that they like. It was my Money and my Choice. There is a moral to this yarn

Now this is advice, it is your money and choice, so if you can, go out there and try as many as possible before parting with your hard earned. I would also look at a spring rifle as an alternative to PCP . But be careful mate, as one can see, sometimes one can become unknowingly an Air rifle Junky.

No detox but also no more for me.

Al the very best overrun

• Like 2

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lots of helpful suggestions here. Jonjon makes a particularly good point when he talks about Weihrauch, Air Arms and established makes being serviceable/repairable, with parts available easily. If you

You dont need to spend loads mate just have a look for a secondhand rifle of your fancy in the freeads buy it and practice with it until your good then away you go. You dont need to spend silly money

OK how about a British made PCP, scope, pump, gunbag, pellets and targets? http://www.pellpax.co.uk/airguns/air-rifles/pre-charged-pneumatic-pcp-air-rifles/gamo-phox-rifle-pack-177/20215   Hows tha

Posted Images

RM8, avoid it like the plague, they have had loads with regulator issues and the insides are poorly made. I got rid of mine as soon as possible in part ex for an HW100.

Some cheaper guns are okay but as many on here will say spend a bit more for a long term return with a gun which will go the distance and give you years of good use. It is not snob value that people will tell you to buy a better gun than perhaps ones you may consider on a price point, it is because many of us have wasted money on guns that simply not been as good as we wished. That doesn't mean the SMK900 is a pile of crap BUT it may not last as long as you want it to so perhaps a gun with a higher price tag AND built to last and work hard during it's life would be a better bet.

Good luck with your search and feel free to ask the opinion of the guys on any gun you are thinking of ........................................ but not a fcuking Walther RM8

Phil

• Like 1

Ok, hw 100 it is , just fancied a 110? A bit cheeper, but heard of problems.

Have they got the barrel problems sorted? Or a BSA scorpion se second hand?

Will put gun through business and get vat back :D so new is very tempting, will maybe leave it we have some cash in bank.

For that budget I'd look at the falcon fn range and a pump. Free air and a reliable super accurate gun. Simple and great build quality and thats the reason they are still shooting as well now as the day they where built in the 1990,'s.

I'll second that Tom :yes::good:

• Like 1

All BSA PCP Rifles are made in Birmingham and as far as I know so are all the springers once more.

As to shot count then it all depends on how you use it and from Rifle to Rifle.

This is what BSA say for shot count if not working from the sweet spot

http://bsaguns.co.uk/air-rifles/pcp-airguns/

All the very best

Edited by just-A-snap

Nice offer Jay :thumbs:

I do like those 400 series carbines :yes:

Ps, your skirting needs painting mate :whistling::laugh::thumbs:

aye your bloody right there...........lol :laugh::icon_redface:

old pic and had only recently at the time of taking picture put those 2 pieces back on after building fire place and wall papering........ :victory:

one job at a time.........lol

all the best

jay. :thumbs:

Just move the book/DVD case over to the right ,don't waste valuable hunting time lol

Anyone else comment on a BSA scorpion SE? £450 new? 177 or 22?

BSA ultra 177 second hand £350.

How many shots out of these?

Are they just Spanish now? same as a Gamo?

Gamo PCP = BSA PCP with Gamo trigger and made in Birmingham

BSA PCP = Made in Birmingham with BSA trigger,

My off the shelf Ultra .177 produced around 30 usable shots. That means 30 shots that were on target before starting to drop point of impact.

You will get quite a few more from the Scorpion but I cannot say how many more.

Phil

You will not go far wrong with an ultra in .177 mate, super accurate little rifles, and if you fit a blast tamer, (easy diy job) the rifle wont have hammer bounce and waste air, so you will get more shots, and the ultra lends itself very well to tuning/modifying IE longer air tubes, regulators etc, if you want a demonstration of ultra accuracy check out vermin hunters tv and watch Si Pittaway shooting an ultra :yes:

This is just speaking for my self and not any recommendation or advice.

I have not been back into air rifles that long. My first PCP rifles was a BSA Scorpion SE .177 and a BSA Ultra SE .22 both from new. My shooting is getting better and better but will unfortunately no longer ever come anything close to the marksmanship of my youth.

My point is i do not know of anyone who can out shoot those two rifles, in fact thinking about it, of almost any one of the modern Air Rifles. If I was to be in the market now knowing that i do know of modern rifles, I have no hesitation in saying just for myself that I would not look any further than the BSA Scorpion SE or BSA Ultra SE in .177 or .22 for ether one. Forgot I do not have to, as I still have them.

In fact I treated myself for my Sixtieth and got the BSA Scorpion SE .25. I also have BSA Lightning Spring rifles in .177 and .22. I like BSA just as others like that they like. It was my Money and my Choice. There is a moral to this yarn

Now this is advice, it is your money and choice, so if you can, go out there and try as many as possible before parting with your hard earned. I would also look at a spring rifle as an alternative to PCP . But be careful mate, as one can see, sometimes one can become unknowingly an Air rifle Junky.

No detox but also no more for me.

Al the very best overrun

Er, the Gamo Phox is an Ultra XL SE and the Coyote is a Scorpion SE, just in the parent company name and with the parent company trigger, just a couple of hundred cheaper thats all!