Where I Grew Up.......

A couple of lads have put up pictures of their old neighbourhoods, on another thread, but I think a topic like that deserves a thread of its own.......

I'll start -this is Bailey Street in Basford, Nottingham. Weirdly, I think our old house is the one with brown door !

post-84239-0-38205700-1501757414.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can see this thread turning into this haha

It is now mate   Still, on the plus side, you'd want for nowt on the Oxford road - chickens feet, fish head, cans of red stripe, polish lager, toothless prostitutes (they have their advantages ), e

Kinell ! Did you get your butler to post that for you, mate ?

Posted Images

I'll start -this is Bailey Street in Basford, Nottingham. Weirdly, I think our old house is the one with brown door !

attachicon.gif7898_149574_IMG_01_0000_max_656x437.JPG

f**k me,you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth,that house looks like a mansion. :D

Hendon Garths,we didn't have to leave the flat to go ratting,and it stood some of its inhabitants in good stead training for the prisons they were going to occupy :D Home sweet home ;)

post-1930-0-84353200-1501757873_thumb.jpg

post-1930-0-41866300-1501757898.jpg

post-1930-0-73937600-1501757917_thumb.jpg

post-1930-0-86496700-1501757931_thumb.jpg

post-1930-0-43451300-1501757961_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Dee road estate in Reading.

It was certainly a lively pleace to grow up in the 80s

The council have been trying to polish that turd for years.

I was in reading a few weeks ago,spot the white man :laugh:

• Like 1

f**k me,you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth,that house looks like a mansion. :D

Looks can be deceptive, Mackem ! I think that must be a modern pic......we had an outside toilet and no bathroom til around 1974 !

Dee road estate in Reading.

It was certainly a lively pleace to grow up in the 80s

The council have been trying to polish that turd for years.

I was in reading a few weeks ago,spot the white man :laugh:

It is now mate :yes:

Still, on the plus side, you'd want for nowt on the Oxford road - chickens feet, fish head, cans of red stripe, polish lager, toothless prostitutes (they have their advantages :laugh:), exotic fruit and veg, a mosque, a subway sandwich, the family planing clinic, wraps of crack, illegal firearms, second hand cars, chewing gum on your shoe, STDs, friendly greetings like 'what you staring at' .......... I wonder why I moved to Wiltshire to start a family :hmm:

• Like 5

My late dad's favourite haunt, now derelict sadly......attachicon.gifimages.jpg

Not surprised no one went in looking like that....

It did look a little grander, in its heyday - but not much !

Me and my sister sent many afternoons in the back yard of the Duke.....bottle of pop and two straws.

No kids allowed inside.....none of this "family pub" nonsense you get these days. Smoky rooms, Shipstones beer (Gold Label barley wine for the ladies) and darts was the order of the day !

• Like 1

Me and my sister sent many afternoons in the back yard of the Duke.....bottle of pop and two straws.

No kids allowed inside.....none of this "family pub" nonsense you get these days. Smoky rooms, Shipstones beer (Gold Label barley wine for the ladies) and darts was the order of the day !

Lifes a funny old thing :blink: when we left the garths we got a house,with a garden :boogy: in the slummiest street in the worst part of town :laugh: garden walls were knocked down,fences were burnt during the miners strike,everything bought on the drip from catalogues,my kids honestly think I make the stories up :laugh: but I don't :cray:

• Like 1

Lifes a funny old thing :blink: when we left the garths we got a house,with a garden :boogy: in the slummiest street in the worst part of town :laugh: garden walls were knocked down,fences were burnt during the miners strike,everything bought on the drip from catalogues,my kids honestly think I make the stories up :laugh: but I don't :cray:

When my mum's dad died, he left her a little bit of money - she used it to have a small extension built. We had the first bathroom on our street ! I can remember neighbour's knocking on, to come in and have a look ! Like it was a f***ing tourist attraction.........

• Like 1

Did your mam ever send you to the door, to tell the rent man she was wasn't in ?

• Like 2