Not Looking Good.

Just went out over a couple of perms checking for rabbits and foraging for mushrooms. bumped into the farmer who said he had seen some dead ones at the bottom of one field, my heart sank a bit as this was good ground. Walked around a few small pockets but pretty dead really, then my mate put one up and it ran round in small circles and fell at our feet. Put it out of its misery with my thumb stick, didn't want to handle it as I'm sure its RHD. Shame as used have some good sport there.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry

Just went out over a couple of perms checking for rabbits and foraging for mushrooms. bumped into the farmer who said he had seen some dead ones at the bottom of one field, my heart sank a bit as this was good ground. Walked around a few small pockets but pretty dead really, then my mate put one up and it ran round in small circles and fell at our feet. Put it out of its misery with my thumb stick, didn't want to handle it as I'm sure its RHD. Shame as used have some good sport there.

Cheers Arry

Can be transferred via shoes to , had a place and as you went down the driveway they were leaping in front of you , vhd hit that was that , rang them last season they said wasn't worth going ?,

Cheers Arry

Can be transferred via shoes to , had a place and as you went down the driveway they were leaping in front of you , vhd hit that was that , rang them last season they said wasn't worth going ,

Yea I know its very contagious trouble is there is a green lane that goes right through the land and horses, cattle, mountain bikes and scrabbling bike all use it then go down other lanes. Im sure that what is spreading it about. We have other perms but this one has some good open ground burrows on it good for training young ferret and we have four new kits to train.

Cheers Arry

I know it can live in the ground for nine months, so if a rabbit tries to move back into that area with in that time it will get it and the nine months starts again. Theres some ground the other side of the river for me where I could watch rabbits with a pair of bins for my place now nothing. Went for a walk over there, dead no sign at all not a single bit of shit. Talked to a farmer from north Devon he told me they are coming back after three years.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

Is RHD a type of flu and triggered by cold weather? I notice areas where the population growth booms in summer to replace lost numbers and then as soon as winter starts they virtually vanish to only see an odd rabbit or 2 about.

Rabbits seem to move a around a lot it is surprising. Certain areas will hold in the summer then as the cover dies they move. If you only have a handful as well they can be good at keeping there heads down too

Is RHD a type of flu and triggered by cold weather? I notice areas where the population growth booms in summer to replace lost numbers and then as soon as winter starts they virtually vanish to only see an odd rabbit or 2 about.

Jiggy have a look at this mate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_haemorrhagic_disease

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

The reading of that Arry don't look great does it.

No mate you are right. Seems to be spreading more and more down hear. Got my fingers crossed that it won't get all my perms.

Cheers Arry