Up And Coming

I'm in Devon and could pass you on too some nice grey x collie x bull. Pm if interested. Have a 15 week old from same breeder which I could show. Atb

I had this cross in the 70's and she was a good rabbit dog especially working with ferrets, downside was she used to get her feet torn up on the southern flint fields so I couldn't use her on hare. You need a tight footed dog for those fields that's why they breed Saluki into their stock, they have good tight feet and can run the flints fields without much of a problem. Oh, she was blooming ugly as well and as I'm no oil painting we made a great couple.....

• Like 1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saltmoon post your real name An are you on fb? Im waiting on some pups to be born out of my nearly 7yr old 26tts collie/grey x whippet grey bitch to a 10yr old f1 22tts bedlington x greyhound if you c

Just have a lurcher to lurcher that parents catch decent bags week in week out ,and set your sights higher than rabbits dogs ,as you may decide you want more later. I'd personally Keep away from peo

Between 2012 and 2014, the respondents (Mr Mccormick and four others known collectively as the Devon Destroyers) allegedly went into the countryside at night with one or more lurcher-type dogs. Their

There's a young lad round here just had a litter from his cracking dog troy, bred down from razor, it's covered his whip x grey.. Further than your wanting yo travel I know, but it's an option

• Like 2

There's a young lad round here just had a litter from his cracking dog troy, bred down from razor, it's covered his whip x grey.. Further than your wanting yo travel I know, but it's an option

nowhere in this country should be too far its size of a postage stamp which a handy thing if you want summat from the other end, these pus sound just the ticket , lot of fun to be had with this sort imho

• Like 1

For the right dog yes I would but as I'm only after a rabbit dog I shouldn't need to go that far really but then again if nothing comes up that I really like then yes I'd travel it might end up being a day of travel as I'm not planning on just getting the first dog that comes my way it took me 6 months to find a Springer and many visits to many breeders but if you know what you are looking for it's hard to settle for any old dog. Once I see the dog I want I'll know it dosnt have to be the best but it's got to be right for me

• Like 1

Between 2012 and 2014, the respondents (Mr Mccormick and four others known collectively as the Devon Destroyers) allegedly went into the countryside at night with one or more lurcher-type dogs. Their purpose was to seek out wild animals, including deer, foxes and badgers, which they allowed their dogs to pursue, attack and kill. Inevitably, fighting between the dog(s) and the pursued animals would occur, and on occasions the dog(s) themselves suffered injury.

What was the applicable law?

The relevant legislation in this case was s.8 of the Animal Welfare Act 2006 (the 2006 Act). In particular, s.8(1)(a) provides that it is an offence to cause an animal fight to take place, or attempt to do so. An animal fight is defined by s.8(7) as an occasion on which a protected animal is placed with an animal, or with a human, for the purpose of fighting, wrestling or baiting.

Consideration was also given by the court to the Hunting Act 2004. The court was keen to ensure the Acts differing purposes were not confused with one another, particularly in light of the much harsher sentencing regime permitted by the 2006 Act.

What were the arguments for the appellant?

The appellant, the RSPCA, argued that the act of allowing a dog or dogs to pursue, fight and kill a wild animal constituted an animal fight for the purposes of s.8(7) of the 2006 Act. They argued that the lower court had wrongly narrowed the application of s.8(7) by introducing a requirement that both the protected animal (the dog(s)) and any animal with which they were placed (the wild animal) must not be free to escape. They disagreed that the animals escape must be restricted or controlled by the participating individuals.

What were the arguments for the respondents?

The respondents argued that their acts did not fall within the criteria required for animal fighting within the 2006 Act. They argued that to hold the act of a protected animal fighting with its quarry during the process of hunting as an animal fight would conflict with Parliaments intention in enacting the Hunting Act 2004. They argued that the purpose of s.8(7) of the 2006 Act was to outlaw intentional fights, wrestling or baiting which arose in a contrived and/or artificial setting.

What did the court decide?

The court dismissed the RSPCAs appeal.

The court disagreed that the lower court had erred in its interpretation of s.8(7) of the 2006 Act, and agreed that the term placed with should be given its ordinary meaning. An animal will only be placed with another animal for the purpose of fighting under s.8(7) where two requirements are satisfied: first, the requirement of physical proximity between the animals, meaning both had to be immediately present without a hunt or chase; and second, the requirement of control such that the other animal cannot escape. This, the court held, meant that the fight could not be the by-product of a chance meeting and instead it must be a contrived or artificial creation specifically for the purpose of a fight during which, on the assumed facts, the other animal has no natural means of escape (para.31).

Furthermore, the court held that this interpretation avoided the very odd anomaly which would have occurred if hunting activities outlawed by the Hunting Act 2004 (which are punishable only by financial penalties) were also prosecutable under the 2006 Act and therefore punishable by imprisonment for up to six months and/or disqualification from keeping animals for life.

This is why I only want a rabbiting dog. Been through the worst it can get with working dogs although I was dragged along for the ride with all but no evidence against me along with bulls**t charges I still got tared with the same brush because people didn't know how to keep there mouth shut and were more interested in putting on fb rather then having a working dog for the right reasons and love of the sport.

• Like 3

I'd take a punt on a Hancock bred dog if it was the cross I was after there no different from any other running dog there's still the same amount of chance 50/50 weather there'd be any good or not its all a short straws game the only bit that don't sit well for me is putting silly money in a peddling c*nts hands

I'm in the Midlands and could hold on to a pup to be picked up to help Jacob out if needed ,...
  • Like 1

I'm in the Midlands and could hold on to a pup to be picked up to help Jacob out if needed ,...
What's the breeding in the pups?

Iv seen both parents run, the whippet thing is just that, a whippet... It's the sire that will be passing the minerals on, it's got everything you need for rabbit dog, speed ,mouth, agility,wind ,brains ,nose, , it's also bred down from dogs that have been doing the job too.... Any pup is a gamble, but these ones I'd defo take a chance with

• Like 3