Wheaten Cross

I'm sure there's been threads put up for this before but worth a shot, I love a good wheaten cross would love to see other people's, here's a photo of a young dog I baught on for abit he was 1/2 bull 1/4 wheaten 1/4 greyhound he turned out to be s great dog he went to my pal in Wales where he excelled, he is 6 years old now.post-102608-0-65131100-1493481891.png

• Like 1

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Halfx wheaten grey, about 12-13 months ATB

My wheaten bull grey pup

My bitch is just 2 years old. Sire Wheaten Grey. Dam Collie Bull Grey...      

Posted Images

He was 7 months old in the photo, never Hurd the dog make a sound on anything even his first, as hard as they come, lost contact with the fella I got him off he bred him worked at a hunt kennels somewhere

• Like 1

Here he is again at 5 months old, lovely natured dog towards people but if another dog fancied abit of him he let them know that he wasn't to be messed with, he went on to run with a foot pack in Ludlow

post-102608-0-89922900-1493484668.png

• Like 3

Nice looking pup mate I've a couple of dogs with Wheaton in the last bitch I had was sadly killed she was doing her job well shame she's met her maker before I could turn it up a notch more

• Like 1

I have got some of his later photos but not really appropriate for an open forum if you know what I mean, he was bred from a hint kennels in Wiltshire somewere iv worked it out it was 8 years ago when I fetched him, back then I was abit foolish could of ruined the dog easily entering him on things at 10-11 month old luckily he never looked back, loaned him to some good lads in Wales for a season just to bring him on abit and they was short of a lurcher, at the end of the season they asked if they could keep him and although I was doing a lot with dogs back then I still couldn't compare to the amount they do so I let them keep him, and yes if I remember rightly 2 pups were broken coated, the lad that bred them used the parents just for plantations at night keep them off the lead and what they find they find, he was a kennel man I can't remember what hunt it was.

never had this x, but from what few lads who had this x, or know somebody who had it , this is straight wheaten x grey or wheaten x whippet , they all been bit on the sharp side with other dogs, bit more than some pit x greys etc .As said this is only going other people views , and not keen on dogs scraping all the while they get hurt enough doing there job , never mind kicking off with each other, ive had the last couple weeks with feckin dogs going for my big dog he dont fight thank fook, but it does piss me off . i do like this x though, i nearly had one few years ago, but had bullx instead , be good x to a bull x saluki x grey , you get some good pups i reckon, plenty of grit in there from them 2 breeds and pace/stamina with the other 2, what ever pups turned out they good breed in the mix . :thumbs:

• Like 1

Nice bitch looks like she can run, shame she's got collie in her haha just kidding it's each to there own how's she coming on?

Dam was 1/4 Collie so only a touch in there.

She's useless same as my other dogs mate but looks nice and is quiet in the kennel so that does for me.

• Like 1

never had this x, but from what few lads who had this x, or know somebody who had it , this is straight wheaten x grey or wheaten x whippet , they all been bit on the sharp side with other dogs, bit more than some pit x greys etc .As said this is only going other people views , and i am not keen on dogs scraping all the while they get hurt enough doing there job , never mind kicking off with each other, ive had the last couple weeks with feckin dogs going for my big dog he dont fight thank fook, but it does piss me off . i do like this x though, i nearly had one few years ago, but had bullx instead , be good x to a bull x saluki x grey , you get some good pups i reckon, plenty of grit in there from them 2 breeds and pace/stamina with the other 2, what ever pups turned out they good breed in the mix . :thumbs:

Nice bitch looks like she can run, shame she's got collie in her haha just kidding it's each to there own how's she coming on?

Dam was 1/4 Collie so only a touch in there.

She's useless same as my other dogs mate but looks nice and is quiet in the kennel so that does for me.

Hahaha brilliant