Hoe Long Is Too Long?

Ryt then, the last time I owned a terrier he other half wasn't working so I had no issues, but she's bk working now and am looking at getting another dog.

I ain't gonna leave a dog crated all day so obviously gonna have to sort a kennel, just wondered if most on here leave their dogs regularly in the kennels for 8 hrs plus.

I'm assuming as long as the dog is getting plenty of exercise before you go to work and when your home there should be no issues with the set up.

• Like 1

Ryt then, the last time I owned a terrier he other half wasn't working so I had no issues, but she's bk working now and am looking at getting another dog.

I ain't gonna leave a dog crated all day so obviously gonna have to sort a kennel, just wondered if most on here leave their dogs regularly in the kennels for 8 hrs plus.

I'm assuming as long as the dog is getting plenty of exercise before you go to work and when your home there should be no issues with the set up.

why would you like to know ??

If you're worried about a dog being in a kennel and run for 8 hours then I would say your terriers are lucky dogs.

Most lads wont admit it but a lot of terriers get no exercise and some are locked up 24/7.

IMO lack of fitness is a big factor in terriers not making the grade.

If terriers got out for a while to empty and run around in the morning and some good exercise in the evening then lack of fitness shouldn't be a factor in them not working out.

• Like 6

Kennel run pal.

People I know only let dog have run of kitchen till someone can call to let him/her out for a toilet break and stretch their legs.

so should be no different to this scenario but your not relying on anyone to cm and let your dog out.

Neil cooney these were my thoughts exactly to wanted the opinions of more experienced folk.

A lot of people i speak to seem to frown upon the idea of a kennel run no matter how big, but most kitchens where people leave their dogs most of the day aren't that big,

as long as the dogs got protection from the elements I see no issues.

If you've got a kennel and run set up then the dog will be more than fine left for the working day ... as Neil has just said if they are left out in the morning for a bit to he to toilet then given a good amount of exercise in the evening they will be just fine .....

• Like 1

I can't believe in this day and age that lads don't put there dogs in doggy Créche when there working it's only 60 euro a day. When I'm slaving all day in work I would hate to think my dog was at home lounging in the sun licking his bollocks.

• Like 2