I've heard different things from different people about what age to start running the dogs, I was told from 12 months really, but I was also told that bull x take a bit longer to mature can anybody shed any light on the subject thanks

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best hunters on THL have took the full spectrum of gear with their dogs & all single handed by the age of 8 months old..Just do as they say they do bud,it must be true what they say as there's

Spend the time training them first then worry about bringing them on.

It all depends on the dog I don't start mine till about 15mths old if there ready only you will know your dog just don't be in a rush there easily spoilt

Posted Images

To be fair he's a very well behaved dog, he's around the 5 month mark he will walk everywhere with me glued to my side with no lead, very well house trained and listens, my missus has a chihuahua and he is trying to be very dominant over it already

To be fair he's a very well behaved dog, he's around the 5 month mark he will walk everywhere with me glued to my side with no lead, very well house trained and listens, my missus has a chihuahua and he is trying to be very dominant over it already

He is only 5 months spend time with him training make him carry sit stay take him in livestock break him to it lot of training to do better do it when young get him jumping everything no point caring a step ladder with you in the field training when young.

• Like 1

He is only 5 months spend time with him training make him carry sit stay take him in livestock break him to it lot of training to do better do it when young get him jumping everything no point caring a step ladder with you in the field training when young.

What is the best way to learn jumping would you say start small and gradually get bigger ?

Edited by Jackbullx