Few Terriers

I remember a few year ago a mate of mine sold a pup to a certain individual with a money back or replacement pup in the guarentee.The time passed and my mate got a phone call some time later that the dog was a failure and was pts.My mate then stuck to his agreement and the man in question took another pup in replacement.I then started chatting to a man of here and he told me of a certain dog his mate had that he had bought of a lad from a different county and there the puzzle started to unravell.The dog had not been pts and was sold to another man but a second pup was got under false pretences,anyway the whole lie was found out and the pup was returned.The sad part of it all was the man that bought the dog bought it in good faith and ended up feeling guilty over the whole matter when it was nothing he had done wrong,he was even told at the start that the dog was of different breedind until by accident he found out exactaly how it was bred.

• Like 4

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just for the record if it was fd s dog he would have been offerd it back in a heartbeat id like to think I'd get mine back if same happened to me as I don't sell dogs i gift them imo if you sell them

Red dog looks like this lad,was he bred down around Tipp,or Wicklow?

Posted Images

I heard that story I think it's only one many stories could be said about them lads in that circle. Had some cheek ta go and colect the replacement pup after saying the other dog was put to sleep.

• Like 2

I have gifted a few terriers that have been part of my breeding plan mainly as back up in case anything happened to mine from the same litter, I make it quite clear that the terrier must be worked and if they don't get along for any reason then the dog comes back, I pick any stud dog for the first litter and have pick of that resulting litter, after that their debt is paid and they are welcome to do as they like, but if the terrier is sold by me as a pup then I have no hold on it, I always maintain contact regularly with the owners to check on progression work wise of the gifted terriers, lads that have been given terriers by me know the type of person I am and I will take them back by "ANY" means be it fair or foul, on occasion I have had to kick a few doors in to retrieve "my property" because they have either left it in a run not giving it enough work or I have found out the bitch has been in season and they were looking to breed it without my knowledge, people will say anything to get a free terrier thinking once they have it its theirs, in my book you don't pass on something thats not yours, F.D. I hope you get a satisfactory conclusion, WM

So when I asked about 2 pups you bred bieng for sale and you told me they done nowt had been left in a pen and the lads that bought em hoodwinked you why wernt you there getting em back ? Genuine qestion ?

As you seem a genuine lad it deserves the right answer, the dog was taken by my mate sean who paid £350 for it,he is another travelling lad and loves his terriers, he comes out with me on the rats, he did try to buy the bitch as well, he offered the lad £500 for her but she had already been lined at 9 months of age to a pom/cross, the lads that bought them originally paid full price and so its down to them what happens to them, but believe me if they were gifted it would never of been to them, I only ever gift to lads I have been hunting with or have known a long time, they also get the best pups as there is no use breeding from anything thats not up to standard, WM

I have gifted a few terriers that have been part of my breeding plan mainly as back up in case anything happened to mine from the same litter, I make it quite clear that the terrier must be worked and if they don't get along for any reason then the dog comes back, I pick any stud dog for the first litter and have pick of that resulting litter, after that their debt is paid and they are welcome to do as they like, but if the terrier is sold by me as a pup then I have no hold on it, I always maintain contact regularly with the owners to check on progression work wise of the gifted terriers, lads that have been given terriers by me know the type of person I am and I will take them back by "ANY" means be it fair or foul, on occasion I have had to kick a few doors in to retrieve "my property" because they have either left it in a run not giving it enough work or I have found out the bitch has been in season and they were looking to breed it without my knowledge, people will say anything to get a free terrier thinking once they have it its theirs, in my book you don't pass on something thats not yours, F.D. I hope you get a satisfactory conclusion, WM

So when I asked about 2 pups you bred bieng for sale and you told me they done nowt had been left in a pen and the lads that bought em hoodwinked you why wernt you there getting em back ? Genuine qestion ?

As you seem a genuine lad it deserves the right answer, the dog was taken by my mate sean who paid £350 for it,he is another travelling lad and loves his terriers, he comes out with me on the rats, he did try to buy the bitch as well, he offered the lad £500 for her but she had already been lined at 9 months of age to a pom/cross, the lads that bought them originally paid full price and so its down to them what happens to them, but believe me if they were gifted it would never of been to them, I only ever gift to lads I have been hunting with or have known a long time, they also get the best pups as there is no use breeding from anything thats not up to standard, WM

If you sell dogs u have no Say in what people do with them.if their gifted to people they should come back end of.if I give some one a pup there's only two things I expect if they want rid it comes back and if it's no good I expect them to pts.if they get rid and have bought it it's your own ducking fault for selling in the first place

• Like 1

It went like this .I used to dig with a lad in Wales that I knew for years ,met many others through him and we exchanged dogs though i never used his for breeding .This was years back .6 years ago I met a couple of lads that APPEARED to be genuine when digging with mate in Tenby .Like a twat ,I was drawn in to a sob story of no decent stuff locally and next visit I gave them each a ready to start bitch ,sisters from same litter Rebel and Raid .We kept in touch and I saw both bitches doing the job with Rebel maybe having the edge .Had a phone call one night off the lad who had Rebel saying he and missus were splitting up ,could i have the bitch back .No bother says I and I made the arrangements my end to kennel her .Tried in vain to contact the lad with no joy at all just rang and rang ,Tried his mate with Raid ,no answer ,still no f***ing answer from either so I widened the calls a bit and both the lads had apparently vanished to f**k knows where .I put this scenario on here trying to find the lads .Many PMS later I spoke to a scouser with a gravelly voice ,the type of voice from smoking heavily ,who told me he had the dog .Great says I can I have it back .The next thing is texts asking for money ,£200 quid to which I told him as long as dog is looked after and worked right then he could keep it .Anybody see a resemblance forming to recent events ?

The chain smoking excuse for a man then starts the threats of a violent visit which I laughed at but they got more threatening so he gets a visit and it stops ,blows over and I forget it .I'm no hard man but I know plenty that are .

Bear in mind the last pic I get from Kepner ,the lad who had Rebel shows her freshly chinned at the age of 4 ish.

That pic was deleted my end after that all kicked off as I never thought id see the bitch again .

2 years later I see a dead ringer for her that appeared chinned on here and not many would blame me for starting an enquiry as to her past .Sweeper tells me in a pm she was given to him by a lad in Liverpool and leaves it at that .

I'm now getting a bit excited about it and the PMS continue with me 99% sure its her to the point I had my mind made up if answers weren't forthcoming then the bitch was to be picked up .Luckily with a good few lads on here ,some I've never met,I got a name then a phone number and I rang Sweeper to ask more questions ,refusing to take his word for it really until another call when I realised I was mistaken and I set the record straight with him and apologised .

Unless your in that position then don't judge and yes any means are good means to get a dog back if it came to it .

If anyone knows either Rob Kepner or Terry Waldon from Pembrokeshire area just mention that they ain't forgot and that shit has a habit of following their kind .

• Like 5

It went like this .I used to dig with a lad in Wales that I knew for years ,met many others through him and we exchanged dogs though i never used his for breeding .This was years back .6 years ago I met a couple of lads that APPEARED to be genuine when digging with mate in Tenby .Like a twat ,I was drawn in to a sob story of no decent stuff locally and next visit I gave them each a ready to start bitch ,sisters from same litter Rebel and Raid .We kept in touch and I saw both bitches doing the job with Rebel maybe having the edge .Had a phone call one night off the lad who had Rebel saying he and missus were splitting up ,could i have the bitch back .No bother says I and I made the arrangements my end to kennel her .Tried in vain to contact the lad with no joy at all just rang and rang ,Tried his mate with Raid ,no answer ,still no f***ing answer from either so I widened the calls a bit and both the lads had apparently vanished to f**k knows where .I put this scenario on here trying to find the lads .Many PMS later I spoke to a scouser with a gravelly voice ,the type of voice from smoking heavily ,who told me he had the dog .Great says I can I have it back .The next thing is texts asking for money ,£200 quid to which I told him as long as dog is looked after and worked right then he could keep it .Anybody see a resemblance forming to recent events ?

The chain smoking excuse for a man then starts the threats of a violent visit which I laughed at but they got more threatening so he gets a visit and it stops ,blows over and I forget it .I'm no hard man but I know plenty that are .

Bear in mind the last pic I get from Kepner ,the lad who had Rebel shows her freshly chinned at the age of 4 ish.

That pic was deleted my end after that all kicked off as I never thought id see the bitch again .

2 years later I see a dead ringer for her that appeared chinned on here and not many would blame me for starting an enquiry as to her past .Sweeper tells me in a pm she was given to him by a lad in Liverpool and leaves it at that .

I'm now getting a bit excited about it and the PMS continue with me 99% sure its her to the point I had my mind made up if answers weren't forthcoming then the bitch was to be picked up .Luckily with a good few lads on here ,some I've never met,I got a name then a phone number and I rang Sweeper to ask more questions ,refusing to take his word for it really until another call when I realised I was mistaken and I set the record straight with him and apologised .

Unless your in that position then don't judge and yes any means are good means to get a dog back if it came to it .

If anyone knows either Rob Kepner or Terry Waldon from Pembrokeshire area just mention that they ain't forgot and that shit has a habit of following their kind .

FD the terrier world is a small circle,it could take time but the whereabouts of both men and dogs will eventually pop up because someone always knows someone that knows someone.

• Like 1

This shit keeps getting better. So you go see the scouser about threatening you but leave the bitch with him. Would it not of been better to give him the 200 quid and hope he chokes on it and be done with it. Search over. Bitch back on your yard.

Hope ya get them back fd been honest truthfully and helpfull in this game brings nothing only hardship and trouble to the door in my opinion I know been there worn the t-shirt alot of 2 faced pricks about but they are some decent lads about aswell but the rogues out number the decent few. Iv put up with some shit the last 2 year but the more diging around I done the murkier things are not all terrier men are as by the book as they let on to be but it's long a road and things do go full circle eventually and what goes around comes around in time there those who speak out and say what they have ta say and those who carry the stories and stir the shit and those who know more than what they say but choose ta keep quiet. I learned it's best ta cut all ties it's alot less stressful haha sorry for the rant lads.

Edited by chesney
  • Like 1

Just for the record if it was fd s dog he would have been offerd it back in a heartbeat id like to think I'd get mine back if same happened to me as I don't sell dogs i gift them imo if you sell them you forfeit the option of 1st refusel

• Like 15

This shit keeps getting better. So you go see the scouser about threatening you but leave the bitch with him. Would it not of been better to give him the 200 quid and hope he chokes on it and be done with it. Search over. Bitch back on your yard.

So I pay for a dog that I gifted freely which was probably not there after he knew I was pissed off .Its never about money mate ,I wouldn't buy a dog back for a tenner .Values are more important than any coin which I hope one day you will understand .Paying for one dog only confirms its OK for the c**t that has it and sets the scene for it to happen again .

• Like 9