Hungarian Village Wants To Be A White Utopia.....

I suppose it depends on what type of work you do, live anywhere in Europe and you can just fly home for the weekend.

For lads who can do any type of price work, you go, you knock your bollocks out day and night until it's done and then you feck off home until the next job comes along.......if you want to do it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Poland, Hungary and Slovakia have point blank refused to take any migrants that the c--t Merkel invited into Europe. They simply told her the migrants are a security risk and their religion and cultur

I never loose sight of the fact that I am in another mans country and I expect me and mine to behave exactly how we wanted incomers to behave when we were in England.

Who are you trying to kid your way lower than that. Haha.

It must be easy having growth,when it comes from foreign money being sent into the country and not having to provide public services for a large proportion of it's citizens.

And we think we have it bad over here, it's not our problem but it makes you think.

I think in many ways we are the ones worse off.

If there was a country I could go and work in for say 5 years, and make enough to buy a house back home and then live mortgage free for the rest of my life, then I would be bloody happy.

Take rent or mortgage out the equation and you can live very comfortably on a basic wage.

Unfortunately no such place exists.

You think it's that easy? You would still have to pay to live in the country you work. Saving cash like that is easier said than done especially when you have a family to provide for.

It's not easy but an end goal makes it worthwhile, I think Shepp has a point, there's no way we can do it because houses are so expensive but people from other countries can.

When I worked in Algeria we would got to rigs that were absolutely disgusting especially the ones run by the Algerian companies (the BP or Shell etc were ok). I wasn't uncommon to find your bed's sheets hadn't been cleaned and used by other people and it wasn't uncommon to find hairs in them :bad: our cabins weren't placed at a good distance from the sh*t pit so you had that smell all the time and the flies that land on your food had probably been paddling about in human crap all day. The food was so rancid that chilli sauces were a premium just to get rid of the taste lol

As long as you know you are going home with some cash you can put up with many hardships, I imagine the guys coming here labouring share a flat with a few of them and spend as little as possible.

• Like 1

It must be easy having growth,when it comes from foreign money being sent into the country and not having to provide public services for a large proportion of it's citizens.

And we think we have it bad over here, it's not our problem but it makes you think.

I think in many ways we are the ones worse off.

If there was a country I could go and work in for say 5 years, and make enough to buy a house back home and then live mortgage free for the rest of my life, then I would be bloody happy.

Take rent or mortgage out the equation and you can live very comfortably on a basic wage.

Unfortunately no such place exists.

You think it's that easy? You would still have to pay to live in the country you work. Saving cash like that is easier said than done especially when you have a family to provide for.

It's not easy but an end goal makes it worthwhile, I think Shepp has a point, there's no way we can do it because houses are so expensive but people from other countries can.

When I worked in Algeria we would got to rigs that were absolutely disgusting especially the ones run by the Algerian companies (the BP or Shell etc were ok). I wasn't uncommon to find your bed's sheets hadn't been cleaned and used by other people and it wasn't uncommon to find hairs in them :bad: our cabins weren't placed at a good distance from the sh*t pit so you had that smell all the time and the flies that land on your food had probably been paddling about in human crap all day. The food was so rancid that chilli sauces were a premium just to get rid of the taste lol

As long as you know you are going home with some cash you can put up with many hardships, I imagine the guys coming here labouring share a flat with a few of them and spend as little as possible.

Each to their own, her uncle is away from his family for months at a time when he goes to work in Germany. I don't think I could do that tbh especially if you have kids. I don't envy them that's for sure, I remember how depressed I was working in Wales for 6 months when my daughter was born and I was only doing 12 days on 2 days off.

• Like 1

Where I live there are quite a few eastern european migrant workers, they share flats/houses and do agency or contracted work in processing factories.

Romanians, Polish, Portuguese, Latvians, Bulgarians, Hungarians etc etc

A Hungarian accountant or a Bulgarian Policeman earn more over here in factorys (even with living costs) than they would in their own country.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Been to Hungary a few times recently, my friend has bought a place out there. You are welcome as long as you try and integrate, same as any where really.

Very poor country, no/little exports. Wine and sunflower oil. No takeaways as such, for obvious reasons (Pizza is fairly common). Clean streets. Seem a proud nation as far as I could see. Water parks/spa's are big (thermal energy business). Zero drink driving law!

Only wildlife other than birds I have seen so far, Fox and Deer (Roe?).

Goulash, farmed rabbit, fresh water fish and various greasy takeaway dishes are the foods that I know of.

No fecker speaks English, better off knowing German!

Cheapest place in Europe to buy property apparently. My friends place, half an acre, 2 bedroom bungalow modern ish, 3 outbuildings 1 large but sore, fruit tree's etc £27,000 three years ago and they said he paid too much.

That's about it :D so far.

You missed out an abundance of slim and beautiful women.

Really? I didn't see that many. In fact if you are young a beautiful, you are looking to leave. You may be ok for crumpet in Budapest, but rurally you ain't even getting a conversation. May be in the tourist locations.

Been to Hungary a few times recently, my friend has bought a place out there. You are welcome as long as you try and integrate, same as any where really.

Very poor country, no/little exports. Wine and sunflower oil. No takeaways as such, for obvious reasons (Pizza is fairly common). Clean streets. Seem a proud nation as far as I could see. Water parks/spa's are big (thermal energy business). Zero drink driving law!

Only wildlife other than birds I have seen so far, Fox and Deer (Roe?).

Goulash, farmed rabbit, fresh water fish and various greasy takeaway dishes are the foods that I know of.

No fecker speaks English, better off knowing German!

Cheapest place in Europe to buy property apparently. My friends place, half an acre, 2 bedroom bungalow modern ish, 3 outbuildings 1 large but sore, fruit tree's etc £27,000 three years ago and they said he paid too much.

That's about it :D so far.

You missed out an abundance of slim and beautiful women.

Really? I didn't see that many. In fact if you are young a beautiful, you are looking to leave. You may be ok for crumpet in Budapest, but rurally you ain't even getting a conversation. May be in the tourist locations.

I've only been to Budapest.

• Like 1

Where I live there are quite a few eastern european migrant workers, they share flats/houses and do agency or contracted work in processing factories.

Romanians, Polish, Portuguese, Latvians, Bulgarians, Hungarians etc etc

A Hungarian accountant or a Bulgarian Policeman earn more over here in factorys (even with living costs) than they would in their own country.

Cheers, D.

My mate runs H&S on a building site - I won't say how much, but VERY well paid. Back home, he worked for the electric company for the equivalent of 200 quid a week.... an amount that just about paid his way !