Game Prices

I am curious how prices compare around the country, is my Game Dealer taking the mick or do I get a good deal....

Deer (all types) ........ I have to deliver them whole, but fully cleaned, skinned, boots and head off £1 per lb

Rabbit............. NO shotgun, headshot ONLY, paunched £1 each

Pheasant.................... as they come £1 each

Partridge Other Game Birds Hare Squirrel please feel free to add your prices.

So.....how does this compare to you???

Cheers

Deker

Edited by Deker

a butchers i went to,i wanted to buy a rabbit he tried charging me £12!!!!!

i belive that because we had the same thing happend to me not long ago but a bit less £7.65 cheeky git when we told him he was slightley over charging he wasn`t best pleased ....so my mate said how much he would do them for him and from then on they have always supplied rabbits and now he ask`s £3.25 a bit better i think.

I am curious how prices compare around the country, is my Game Dealer taking the mick or do I get a good deal....

Deer (all types) ........ I have to deliver them whole, but fully cleaned, skinned, boots and head off £1 per lb

Partridge Goose Other Game Birds Hare Squirrel please feel free to add your prices.

Cheers

Deker

I thought the sale of wild geese was illegal ?

Partridge Goose Other Game Birds Hare Squirrel please feel free to add your prices.

Cheers

Deker

In principle you are correct but I was of course referring to the likes of captive bread Canadain Geese. Totally legal, I forget sometimes that a lot of you guys see a load more geese than I do here. Canada Geese everywhere here but that's about it. I've never sold one anyway so to keep everyone happy I'll edit the post and remove Goose...OK!

Cheers

Deker

Those prices seem pretty spot on to me, we have and do sell to dealer in Shropshire and Cheshire and they are the same.

We have also sold rabbits in the past, whole and frozen to a zoo in decent quantities for 80p each, not bad and less hastle than paunching the buggers.

Guest bruno527

game dealer.village butchers & some eateries..... all cleaned & oven ready

venison £2-2.50 lb

rabbit £1.20 each

phessy £4 brace

goose £10-15

hare £3-5

duck £2-3

squirrel £5

fox £15-25

take it or leave it- :thumbs:

Edited by bruno527

Cheers

Deker

In principle you are correct but I was of course referring to the likes of captive bread Canadain Geese. Totally legal, I forget sometimes that a lot of you guys see a load more geese than I do here. Canada Geese everywhere here but that's about it. I've never sold one anyway so to keep everyone happy I'll edit the post and remove Goose...OK!

Do you rear Candian geese ,Deker?

Cheers

Deker

Those prices seem pretty spot on to me, we have and do sell to dealer in Shropshire and Cheshire and they are the same.

We have also sold rabbits in the past, whole and frozen to a zoo in decent quantities for 80p each, not bad and less hastle than paunching the buggers.

I would say thats good price although i do not sell any birds or rabbit, the birds that are shot on a shoot day are shared amonst the guns & beaters if there is any left they go to friends & in the freezer, most of the rabbits i give to the local zoo they are more than happy to pick them up & some go in the freezer :thumbs:

Edited by outshooting
game dealer.village butchers & some eateries..... all cleaned & oven ready

venison £2-2.50 lb

rabbit £1.20 each

phessy £4 brace

goose £10-15

hare £3-5

duck £2-3

squirrel £5

fox £15-25

take it or leave it- :thumbs:

They are great prices , wish I could get that .

What do you mean fox £15 -25 ??

feck me if yous are getting them prices you should be counting your lucky stars... prices up hear near enoungh to burnies, couldnt give 350 woodies to ANY game dealer from speyside to deeside (every one with in 100 mile of the estste said no )

i think its a feckin disgrace, makes me :sick: game dealers need tellin to :feck:

someone in the food supplie chain must be :boogie: