Arthur Nixon.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've enjoyed his company and had a few laughs with Arthur , I can honestly say I've never heard a bad word spoken about him......not many terrier men could say that

I'm probably not the one who should be doing this as I didn't know him (he was a good friend of a good friend) but DonnyC put up an R.I.P. for Mr Arthur Nixon the well known terrierman on the general

For anyone attending the funeral.... as per Arthur's wishes, the requested dress code is "countrywear" rather than mourning clothes.   As always a "countryman" as well as a true gentleman RIP.

Arthur had the litter brother to a russell i had.. we both got them gifted as pups of the same man... who originally got his stock from jack price way back. Riley the dog i kept was a very good fox dog and speaking to Arthur a few times the brother was the same.. He loved to chat about russells and kept some very good ones..some of the first proper russells i dug over were nixon/gould stuff ... proper whites..also were better put together than chapmans with a more up and at them style.

• Like 3

I also noticed from the pix posted on the general talk section in Edrd a pic from 1989 at the FMWTC show in wales... if im not mistaken thats 2 young brothers from NI who were judging that show... J and D mc.. its paddys day tho..i may have my beer goggles on.

First of all could my brother and myself send his family and relatives our deepest condolences at this particular sad time.On many occasions we'd seen Arthur at many of the Lurcher and Terrier shows in the late 70s and into the 80s.After the 80s the shows started to go into deep decline, some people will perhaps disagree.

The man was a wonderful ambassador for all field sports, especially (Terriers).

What I particularly gathered was that he had a somewhat happy demeanour within his personality. A particular good trait in my opinion. 'A quite type when I always saw him.

However, we didn't know him too well, but being (Twins) one does seem to get recognised and he'd often make a beeline to come and talk to us.

Many people mentioned about his good name, and I know for sure I'd never heard of anything bad said about the gentlemen.

'I think if one stick to the rules, that's if there are any in this particular subject. 'I think there is, especially the art of good Terrier work and animal husbandry.

Apologies, back to Arthur; always provide his time for anyone and I think he kept a really nice type of dog.

I can remember a certain idiot who acquired a dog from him called Badger. Unfortunately the guy in question couldn't do anything with the dog. The dog was sold to a friend in Leeds who is also on this forum, and he stated it was the hardest dog he'd every seen work.

If my memory serves myself correctly Arthur was always with Paul Duffy from Barnsley another good man.

Apologies for droning on, but unfortunately a short column can never do justice to such good dog men, and let's not forget, he must have had something, because he had such a good name. He will be remember by many. (God bless Arthur)!

P.S.Could any existing Yorkshire lads contact myself if they have any anecdotes, tales, stories, long or short about Arthur or if anyone knows of (Paul Duffey) please?

• Like 9