Rsph Level 2

just wondered about the difficulty in passing this level,is it one them type courses they teach you all week with a final exam,i understand its broken down into different categories of pest, or is it something where on site training is preferable first,company i been speaking to says it will put you through this course after 4 month of them taking you on.

any info cheers

It's supposed to be taken by people who have been in pest control for a while to get basic grounding.

Apparently it's been dummed down a bit now so you can do it over the course of a year.

If you already been around a while it's easy enough to do after a week course and sit the exam on the last day.

I passed this way and I didn't finish school, so it obviously isn't that demanding.

There were a few who didn't pass the course, a couple of likely lads who said they knew it all already, and a few just didn't know anything about pest control, one I think was a squaddie using his retraining fund.

• Like 1

I sat mine with killgerm and they really help you through it. Mine was over two weeks with the exam on the last day. I would recommend going on there one day training courses in basic rodent and insect control and safe use of pesticides if you're fairly new to it all as they help you understand it all not just the biology side but all the legislation as well. There were afew on the course I sat that didn't have a clue and afew failed. I had been working a while at it but still went on the one day courses before I was ready for the level two. Atb with it

It's a fairly intensive course if you do it in one hit. I did it 10 yrs ago, done in 8 days and passed no bother. The only things that are tricky are the legislation which gets everyone and insects because there's so much to grasp! If you are working for a company then you'll have a bit of experience before you do the course so will be easier. The next course up is much harder!

I wish ALL future Pesters,..good luck and good fortune,...but, please be aware,..there is far more to being a successful Pest Controller than attending courses and obtaining a few pieces of paper...I would urge ALL keen lads to try and secure the services of a successful and proven earner in the game, and to follow his lead....

Getting paid, is really what its all about... :thumbs:

• Like 3

People new to the industry are better working for an established business and learn from there, the big boys are easy to get a job with and will show you the majority of the pests you will encounter. Hard graft but far easier to make the mistakes on their time than muddling through yourself.

• Like 1