Welsh Terrier

Does any know of working Welsh terriers these they seem to be a hard dog to find and more show dogs my cousin spent months finding 1 & he's around same age as my patterdale and the difference is huge between them in this I mean he's dogs just a mad playful dog were as mine soon as he's lead is on he's ready to go for a good mooch no play at all from my lad he prefers hunting up

I suppose the real difference is being bred from show dogs & working dogs

post-104600-0-67207600-1483635609_thumb.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They wouldnt sell you one if they knew your intention was to graft it pal...probably a good thing as you be wasting your time imo-no doubt some dreamers seen some work lol-the only thing that welsh te

I'm hoping this welsh terrier make the grade.

Question 1. Not had them long I've a two year old, first season and the other is twelve months next season before it's tried under the sod.   Question 2. The parents of my two are pure show terr

Posted Images

They wouldnt sell you one if they knew your intention was to graft it pal...probably a good thing as you be wasting your time imo-no doubt some dreamers seen some work lol-the only thing that welsh terrier has done for working terriers is the black and tan in today's Lakeland's. Stick with your patt pal.atb dc

• Like 6

They wouldnt sell you one if they knew your intention was to graft it pal...probably a good thing as you be wasting your time imo-no doubt some dreamers seen some work lol-the only thing that welsh terrier has done for working terriers is the black and tan in today's Lakeland's. Stick with your patt pal.atb dc

Yeah mate breeders are really particular now they ain't my cup of tea and wouldn't waste my hard earned money on 1 just curious to know of any actual grafters and im deffo sticking with my patterdale totally different dog just what I wanted

• Like 1

There couple guys in germany who have welsh terrier. And its dug fairly often along with a teckel.

But they are russel men ultimatley.

On the continent is the place ro be.

From what i hear in the wind.

Hi mate

Any links I'd like to see them working

Never heard of a Welsh terrier being anything other than a show dog.

Even Plummer in his early writings back in the 70's, said the same and he'd call any old shite a working dog..!!

Never heard of a Welsh terrier being anything other than a show dog.

Even Plummer in his early writings back in the 70's, said the same and he'd call any old shite a working dog..!!

Did Plummer say in his early writings that he had first hand accounts of welsh terriers refusing to work or was it hearsay from other people as he was a bit of a raconteur. Lol.