Beagle X Big Land

FKOF

Does anyone else bush urban places small patches like myself with beagle X's there a strange myth I've heard that your dog will run thousands of miles if they have beagle blood in them???

Edited by FKOF

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've hunted a number of pure beagles on rabbit pest control & found a terrier x beagle to suit my needs better .I have 3 of this cross ,they stick like glue once they put up a rabbit in heavy cov

Why don't you lot chill out and. Feed some bull x beagles, you'll be ok then. Bugger me you lot over complicate stuff.

Spaniel/beagles are the way forward with a good man behind the dog there unstopable and a pleasure to watch work.   Spaniel terriers are great ditching dogs but cant live with the spaniel/beagles wh

Posted Images

Pack I run with with hunt any cover big or small .and also can be stopped after the cover.people who call the beagle xes or spout shite .have never seen any work.I would put them against anything workwise

• Like 1

For some reason people think if a dog has beagle blood in it it will fuk of for miles ?

I wasn't implying it would f**k off for miles. Just questioned why you would want hound blood for working small hedgerows and bits of bramble?

Never mentioned them running off or having bad recall...

Why because there bred for it, what's a bull bred for? What's a beagle bred for? That should answer that one for you ! Anyway Gaz ask mud what does he think of my beagle blooded dog in hedgerows and bramble patches, go on send him a pm and he will tell you. This is no effence to mud as I like his bitch rousy she's not a bad little dog. But what would you need bull blood in a bushing dog for ? You don't !!!!! There no super X the next big thing ! there a little mooching dog mud bred because he was let down by lads to get out for a bush so he took a punt and produced some half tidy little dogs. Are they up there with beagle x's no! Are they shite no! There good little dogs that should put a few bunnys infront of the runners and if anything else is close it will bolt if there in the right place at the right time. Unfortunately they ain't for the more out and out bushing fellas but more suited to lads who like a mooch about in the daytime with the lurchers. They have great potential to produce some really good dogs if not better than them selves. There's lots of routes you could go down with them which I like as each lads who have them are different ! If you want mainly rabbits stick to the spaniel route if you want them to follow a line have more tounge go down the beagle route. End of the day I'm good friends with mud he's a honest lad and won't be offended in what I've said! He's done a good job on producing some tidy little dogs from top blood and I got to give the lad credit as he's a good keeper of dogs, he will tell you himself he's more a lurcher man than a bushing man where I am in the middle and have been very fortunate to have some of the best lads with these type of dogs to of learned of, I know my stuff and say it as it is !

Edited by FKOF

Why because there bred for it, what's a bull bred for? What's a beagle bred for? Anyway Gaz ask mud what does he think of my beagle blooded dog in hedgerows and bramble patches, go on send him a pm and he will tell you. This is no effence to mud as I like his bitch rousy she's not a bad little dog. But what would you need bull blood in a bushing dog for this working small hedgerows and tight brambles ? You don't !!!!! There no super X the next big thing there a little mooching dog mud bred because he was let down but lads to get out for a bush so he took a punt and produced some half tidy little dogs. Are they up there with beagle x's no! Are they shite no! There good little dogs that should put a few bunnys infront of the runners and if anything else is close it will bolt if there in the right place at the right time. Unfortunately they ain't for the more out and out bushing fellas but more suited to lads who like a mooch about in the daytime with the lurchers. They have great potential to produce some really good dogs if not better than them selves. There's lots of ways you could go down with them which I like as each lads who have them are different who own them are different! If you want mainly rabbits stick to the spaniel route if you want them to follow a line have more tounge go down the beagle route. End of the day I'm good friends with mud he's a honest lad and won't be affected in what I've said! He's done a good job on producing some tidy little dogs and I got to give the lad credit as he's a good keeper of dogs, he will tell you himself he's more a lurcher man than a bushing man where I am in the middle and have been very fortunate to have some of the best lads with these type of dogs to of learned of.

You sound like a proper bushing guru. I will make a note of it and come to you with my questions in future ?

• Like 1

Yes Gaz I know my shit, don't bother asking me questions as I don't like you and never have !! I said to mud soon as you got one here we go watch all the shit this divvy puts up??? I travel 200 miles every Sunday religiously all season to graft my dogs in some of the finest country side in Wales and there out through the week also. Let's just say I'm more dedicated than most ?

Edited by FKOF
  • Like 1

Yes Gaz I know my shit, don't bother asking me questions as I don't like you and never have !! I said to mud soon as you got one here we go watch all the shit this divvy puts up??? I travel 200 miles every Sunday religiously all season to graft my dogs in some of the finest country side in Wales and there out through the week also. Let's just say I'm more dedicated than most ?

It was called sarcasm. I wouldn't ask you what the weathers doing.

Like I said on the other thread I'm done ?

Best busher I ever owned was beaglexterrier my mate used to say if there's only 1 rabbit on a mountain he'd find him & he would, wish I had him now atb Flacko

Sounded like a handy little dog pal, my old dogs the same from 12 weeks old he hit the floor running and has never looked back.

• Like 1