Lamp Filter Colours

When i do my work it takes two hours a circuit i start with red then amber ( just a dulled white ) then blue and end up on green ( which i struggle to see the rabbits in unless they move ) but half the time my son says keep the light off them it just spooks them and theres enough street lights for him to see but being older i struggle

The colour is for us to see the reflection of the quarry's eyes ? it doesn't matter what colour you use as your quarry doesn't know the difference in colours and also acts as a dimmer my dogs are slipped at the eye reflections until the quarry moves then it's the white light to light them up that's just the way I do it as it doesn't tend to spook them this way as for my mate he will see the reflection and whip the filter of and slip the dog at the same time ?

• Like 1

Red filter for all quarry, slip dog on red filter and just as the dog gets to it either pull filter off or on my case my lamping partner has his filter off ready, works well for us and we lamped together for that long we make a handy team

• Like 1