Unpredictable Demon Of A Jill

This only really works if they have a play area - a run or a room that they don't have access to all the time. A treat playtime area of sorts, that they only get access to for a limited time a day or so. Keep a cat carrier or carry box handy and have all the ferrets out for a romp. Get in with them and make it look as fun as possible. If she bites for whatever reason, lock her in the carrier for 3-5 minutes. Helps if she can see the other ferrets having a blast without her. After shes served her time, manually take her out and let her join the fun... but if she bites again, back in. The standard jail term that is used on humans. It clicks eventually. But you will need to take the bites to do it.

NEVER READ OWT AS DAFT AS THIS IN MY LIFE
Speaking from experience, this method ZuesPolecat has mentioned is rather effective so shut up and don't be a disrespectful arse.

He only said what everyone else was thinking to be fair.

Ferret prison. Lol

• Like 1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I have made a bit if breakthrough with this jill. I'm feeding her tiny bits if meat out of my fingers. She is longer grabbing my fingers and this is great because instead of just latching onto

Firstly I wouldn't be breeding off it for starters, I had a kit this years bred handled twice a day every day but no matter what I did all it wanted to do was bite needless to say we parted company, i

The guy laid out some ground rules in his original post. No physical punishment which I assume also rules out killing the thing. He also stated he lets them run around his kitchen for a romp. Bit of problem solving and that was my answer. 'ferret time out' is a well known technique which many say works, albeit not that well known among the ferret owners who keep them for work. Most of the other suggestions posted here did not work around the requirements.

Edited by ZeusPolecat
  • Like 2

Well, I have made a bit if breakthrough with this jill. I'm feeding her tiny bits if meat out of my fingers. She is longer grabbing my fingers and this is great because instead of just latching onto my hand she is sniffing round my fingers to see if she can find the meat. So now fingers are not a thing to try and bite off and I can still pick her up while she is eating, so getting there slowly but surely.

Edited by RTurlough
  • Like 4

I had a Jill like this once, part of the problem is the mutual fear between you and her can become self reinforcing. Thing that cured me was being locked out the house pissed up and then falling asleep in a deck chair in the ferret court after playing with the ferrets! :laugh: Not suggesting you try that, just saying if you can relax a bit more when your handling her she'll pick up on it and things will come better. I know it's hard to relax when you have the feeling in your head that you're going to get nailed for sure though, that's where the problem lies.

Hi, I'm a Newbie to THL and still finding my way round the site. There's a truly amazing ammount of experience and information available on these forums!

I particularly enjoyed this topic as I'm just getting back into Ferreting after a few years "On the Wagon" and am dealing with new young stock in a new location. It was great to hear all the different opinions, freely expressed, with a bit of banter thrown in! I've learned a lot. Cheers, Bob.

I had a Jill like this once, part of the problem is the mutual fear between you and her can become self reinforcing. Thing that cured me was being locked out the house pissed up and then falling asleep in a deck chair in the ferret court after playing with the ferrets! :laugh: Not suggesting you try that, just saying if you can relax a bit more when your handling her she'll pick up on it and things will come better. I know it's hard to relax when you have the feeling in your head that you're going to get nailed for sure though, that's where the problem lies.

?

• Like 1