Whippets In Ireland

Like any other working breed of dog, just go for dogs off worker to worker.

Atb j

agreed. But all the better if you can trace the dog back to generations of worker x worker . As we all know you could have a pair of good working whippets or any other breed that just happened to be a flash in the pan from any oul dogs bred from generations of poor animals and therefore might throw poor/ average pups. I know lads say most whippets will work but it's fair to say some lines of whippets Carry certain desireable traits that are consistently produced in litters of certain lines. Maybe one line and it's common traits suits one man and a different line and it's traits / attributes suits another. To put it into perspective, not many men would buy pups from two ch. P.b.t without knowing the breeding behind the dogs was solid and consistent. I know p.b,s and whippets is like comparing apples and oranges but that's just how I view things. Same could be said for gun dogs or greyhounds . After all , any greyhound will run but ide bet most on here would like to be able to trace a prospect back to a long line of winning / producing dogs before parting with their cash. A.t.b Brenner.
  • Like 3

Very well put brenner.

It's not just the parents you have to look at but grand parents ect if you can. I wouldn't care about paper work with them, as long as they can off working lines.

Atb j

Don't listen to brenner he hasn't a clue ? Ah no you dead right brenner , we had a lengthy phone call yesterday on this and we both came to the same conclusion, you can't beat breeding.

• Like 1

Imo look out for another bull whippet or pure whippet don't put anything else in the mix other than maybe a whippet greyhound certainly wouldn't add collie into anything with bull in that's if you are looking for future breeding prospects

• Like 1

Must be thinking of doing 3/4 breds already because the halfxs are lacking pace

Haha here we go! Some of us don't just breed lurchers for running some need abit of strength behind them for certain jobs in the field, the sort of jobs that would give the average collie greyhound nightmares :)

• Like 3