Kidney Stones - Anybody Had Them

Ive passed 2 and 1 kidney has about a hundred and the other, not a single stone, I got one zapped by shockwave treatment and pissed ribena for 2 days. Absolute agony

Ive passed 2 and 1 kidney has about a hundred and the other, not a single stone, I got one zapped by shockwave treatment and pissed ribena for 2 days. Absolute agony

Did they check you for cystinuria Len? its trade mark of the condition it only effecting one kidney mine all my left kidney ...it's dangerous them giving you lithorispy if there cysteine stone because there so dense the soundwaves just bounce of back in to your kidney there fecking useless at diagnosing it ..I had to suggest they tested me for it
mines all my lef8t kidney too, they just said you've got a kidney like a bag of sand and gravel.
It's only a quick pish test they can tell you there and then .ask them If you have been tested for them next time :thumbs:
i just remember saying to them when the shockwaves were turned up full pelt, holy Christ this is agony, then pissed ribena and showed them it, they said sorry it wasn't ment to do that. Lol.
I know! I had every drug they could give me and i only managed 3 zaps.. There like hard diamonds I just wish they had there value....make sure you ask em :thumbs:
i will thanks

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well This is Awkward

Yeah I can get my little finger all the way down it.

Stone sorted. Went back to hospital Monday for X-ray and consultant showed me before and after pics of stone. He was happy that it had been reduced enough in size by sound waves to pass through when t

I've had them 18 months ago had 5 weeks of crippling pain,pissing blood,I would not wish it on my worst enemy I hope Brian may gets them hope gulf ball size.I drink 6pints of lime duce a day fcuk that again

Believe it or not pineapple juice is more effective... When you drink citric acid your body converts it to alkaline but be careful about doing to much as it will just cause stones of a different form. You want to be aiming for a urine ph of around ph7 :thumbs:

Yes I will give it a go,I've also been told by doctor to cut red meat out,he said if I don't change my diatil60% chance of getting them again and that is not happening

I'm guessing your's are uric stones there the most common... Yeah just keep your meat portions small about palm size and cut out as much salt as you can also alcohol isn't great so if you have a drink make sure you have plenty of water also... What I will say that trying to live like a monk caused me more misery than the actual stones so it's about trying to find that balance.... Good luck :thumbs:

Edited by kanny

My mate is off for his zapping on Monday, haven't the heart to tell what you lads say about that !.....when he went in initially they gave a general anaesthetic and put a stent in to try and move it !!!!

My mate is off for his zapping on Monday, haven't the heart to tell what you lads say about that !.....when he went in initially they gave a general anaesthetic and put a stent in to try and move it !!!!

It's only a small percentage that have a problem with it .it works really well with minor discomfort on most type of stones and beats surgery hands down but it just don't work on cysteine stones but there quite rare...he'll be fine :thumbs:

Well this has been great reading .......NOT!!!!!!

I've been paranoid for many many years about these bloody stones ever since my mom had an op to shift em when I was a kid......stones and gout!!!!!! I'm off for another glass of water!

Hope you lot get sorted!

Matt

I had three or four about eleven or twelve years ago. The pain was indescribable! I passed one, had one blasted with sound waves and one was pulled out via the nearest exit! :bad:

I went in for a scan recently for something else and they basically said, "the good news is that it's not what we were worried about...but the bad news is you have six new kidney stones!" I'm not a happy bunny. Due to advances in treatment I think they're intending to laser them with keyhole surgery this time but I'm not looking forward to the stent...or the excruciating pain if they start moving before the treatment. :icon_eek:

Thanks for the pineapple juice tip; I'll try that. I'd read that ginger tea is good too but I didn't like that much...although it's better than the stones.

I had three or four about eleven or twelve years ago. The pain was indescribable! I passed one, had one blasted with sound waves and one was pulled out via the nearest exit! :bad:

I went in for a scan recently for something else and they basically said, "the good news is that it's not what we were worried about...but the bad news is you have six new kidney stones!" I'm not a happy bunny. Due to advances in treatment I think they're intending to laser them with keyhole surgery this time but I'm not looking forward to the stent...or the excruciating pain if they start moving before the treatment. :icon_eek:

Thanks for the pineapple juice tip; I'll try that. I'd read that ginger tea is good too but I didn't like that much...although it's better than the stones.

Are they doing a PERC? (percutaneous nephrolithotomy)

Sorry Kanny; no idea! I'm booked in for a chat after Xmas to talk through my options. He said they could leave them and keep fingers crossed, ping them with sound waves to break them up again (but needs three treatments per stone) or laser them. I think my January appointment is with a more senior surgeon who'll have more experience of how to proceed. We think it may be possibly genetic as my brother also had some this year and my mum and uncle both had kidney problems (one had one kidney and the other had three!).

Ey up chaps, I'm bells mate that has a stone at the mo. I wish they'd just pulled the little bugger out when they were up there putting the stent in!! Ironically the urology sister I saw afterwards said that had I gone into hospital the weekend after, the consultant on duty would have done just that! Hopefully will get sorted on Monday as going back for X-rays and stent out.

Sorry Kanny; no idea! I'm booked in for a chat after Xmas to talk through my options. He said they could leave them and keep fingers crossed, ping them with sound waves to break them up again (but needs three treatments per stone) or laser them. I think my January appointment is with a more senior surgeon who'll have more experience of how to proceed. We think it may be possibly genetic as my brother also had some this year and my mum and uncle both had kidney problems (one had one kidney and the other had three!).

OK I understand it is a worry time for you... If there talking key hole then it will be a PERC they go in through your back through a 5pence size hole I've had 5! I'm not going to sugar coat it for you there grim but very effective but I would explore other avenues first.. and I'd also say the same to you as I did to len.. Ask them if you have been tested for cystinuria you can be treated more effectively if they diagnose it it's a genetic condition therfore runs in families my dad suffered also but was never diagnosed as there was little known about the condition at the time that said it's fairly rare so It might not be but it's worth checking :thumbs: Edited by kanny
  • Like 1

Ey up chaps, I'm bells mate that has a stone at the mo. I wish they'd just pulled the little bugger out when they were up there putting the stent in!! Ironically the urology sister I saw afterwards said that had I gone into hospital the weekend after, the consultant on duty would have done just that! Hopefully will get sorted on Monday as going back for X-rays and stent out.

Good luck :thumbs: