Brushing Dogs Advice

green dragon

Green dragon, if you have anywhere decent holding stuff me and my mate get over to Anglesey for the day on some permo or tag along with us, there has been a lot of shit spoken on here about terriers,do not limit yourself by other peoples failures,early training as a pup will sort any dropping in,WM

• Like 4

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

an old English sheepdog must be the best brushing dog ... Dulux have used them for years ......

You're probably best see a few types work mate. Where abouts are you? I will happily show you this bull X cocker of mine working. Be worth seeing a full spaniel aswel so you can get an idea of differe

Bit like inviting severe herpesvirus into your underpants imo

Just get a dog thats meant for bushing. All these other types i wouldnt bother with... stick with what works for others. Spaniel springer or cocker. Or a cocker patt. Springer patt ect. Sprocker russell the list goes on

What other types wouldn't you bother with? Beagle spaniels? They are spoken highly of by the lads who've seen them graft.
Depends on the land i guess, if your hunting vast land / hills then yeah a beagle x would be better but if i was looking for something to stay close i would leave the beagle out , i wouldnt want chance having beagle blood places i hunt just incase they did range to farerage terrier
The reason i thort a terrier would do well as the covers id work are quite small and tight but after a think i dont need a dog that keeps going to ground

Little spaniel x will get any where a terrier would anyway mate , and like you say who wants be standind around while your dogs gone to ground , ruin the mooch that would

A little Spaniel is far larger than the average terrier and will never enter and move as fast through tight cover,the speed which the busher pursues its chase is often the factor that makes for the end result and a terrier pursuing a chase to ground,then extending the chase with a bolt is what makes a bushing terrier far more purposeful than any Spaniel.

Just get a dog thats meant for bushing. All these other types i wouldnt bother with... stick with what works for others. Spaniel springer or cocker. Or a cocker patt. Springer patt ect. Sprocker russell the list goes on

What other types wouldn't you bother with? Beagle spaniels? They are spoken highly of by the lads who've seen them graft.
Depends on the land i guess, if your hunting vast land / hills then yeah a beagle x would be better but if i was looking for something to stay close i would leave the beagle out , i wouldnt want chance having beagle blood places i hunt just incase they did range to farerage terrier
The reason i thort a terrier would do well as the covers id work are quite small and tight but after a think i dont need a dog that keeps going to ground

Little spaniel x will get any where a terrier would anyway mate , and like you say who wants be standind around while your dogs gone to ground , ruin the mooch that would

A little Spaniel is far larger than the average terrier and will never enter and move as fast through tight cover,the speed which the busher pursues its chase is often the factor that makes for the end result and a terrier pursuing a chase to ground,then extending the chase with a bolt is what makes a bushing terrier far more purposeful than any Spaniel.

yoda you must tell us more great quotes :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Like 4