New And Keen To Learn In Newcastle.

Evening everyone, I posted an introduction last night in the new members section and thought I should say hi in the air gun section as this is where I think my main interest lies.

I am completely new to the shooting/hunting scene, however I do have a wealth of knowledge around shooting and the safety aspects of weapons as I spent a lot of years in the infantry.

I have purchased a .22 BSA R10 and my intention is to use the local range to get some zeroing done this weekend. I do enjoy target shooting especially when it's nice and warm indoors, however I think my true passion is hunting.

I'm keen to adapt the cam and concealment knowledge I have and use it game or vermin hunting.

I'm based just outside Newcastle and am really keen to glean as much knowledge, advice and guidance from the forum as possible. I also want to make sure I don't step on anyone's toes when it comes to permissions, I didn't realise how demand there is tbh.

If anyone is needing help for beating etc or just someone to go on the odd shoot etc if I can fit it in between work etc I'm more than happy to help when I can.

Thanks for reading fellas,

Shaun

• Like 5

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evening everyone, I posted an introduction last night in the new members section and thought I should say hi in the air gun section as this is where I think my main interest lies. I am completely new

He is probably on your permission as we speak , poaching

'Believe'   xx

Nice introduction Shaun

You will have to get to know some of the lads first before they make an offer of a day or night shooting

as you have say,d its hard to get perms and when we do we guard them with a vengeance

just keep posting and chatting to the lads on here and an offer will come (may take some time mind )

Me and vizlauk have perms all over northumberland and some that close to you you would not bi-leave it lol

just join in on the threads or posts

you say your going to the local shooting range this week end would that be Steve smiths would it

and what day are you going if you do may pop over for a chat and a bit shooting as well lol

welcome to the nut house by the way

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

DONT KNOW ABOUT GOOD LADS MIND

ONE OF THEM DOWN SCARBOROUGH IS A RIGHT PAIN IN THE ASS :whistling::whistling::whistling:

BUT I STILL LOVES YA SI :air_kiss::wub:

:snack: :snack: :snack:

tw@t!!

starting to worry about you!! :whistling:

ONLY WORRY ABOUT ME WHEN AMY IS AROUND

AND YOUR NOT LOL :laugh:

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Nice introduction Shaun

You will have to get to know some of the lads first before they make an offer of a day or night shooting

as you have say,d its hard to get perms and when we do we guard them with a vengeance

just keep posting and chatting to the lads on here and an offer will come (may take some time mind )

Me and vizlauk have perms all over northumberland and some that close to you you would not bi-leave it lol

you say your going to the local shooting range this week end would that be Steve smiths would it

and what day are you going if you do may pop over for a chat and a bit shooting as well lol

'Believe' :D

xx

• Like 2

Thank you for the great replies fellas, I totally understand about getting to know people first, I wouldn't just invite strangers to and shoot with me either. My local range is War at Washington, I met the owner; Ian on Sunday he gave me some good advice and seems like a straight shooter, no pun intended! I saw Steve's Shooting Ground Website but didn't know if they had a specific zeroing range? I'd like to work on my grouping at specific distances for fall if shot etc. Thanks again fellas for your replies, it's good to see there's some banter on here as well ??

Nice introduction Shaun

Could be Bob Dunklys,

seen as hes from jarra

DJ

• Like 1