Wtf?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC0z3izCB-8

See the difference in some on the dogs gaits...

To gain experience, in season? Older dog,owner is cock of the tribe? Good question?

The variations in speed and agility amongst the Salukis is one of the reasons that any "Desert Dogs " that do get sold are not the best and are usually dogs that do not have a place in future breeding plans of the families that own them. The Wealthy Arabs have high rates of failure in their dogs , they buy dozens of dogs every season in search of the holy grail.

Wonder how Lennie and son got on over there

More experienced coursing dog, could have been thrown farer by the slipper LOL Its hard to know with the Arabs especially the gamblers they come over here and buy light coloured coursing dogs and take them back for breeding I will leave a few blanks to work out the finished product :hmm:

I'd like to see one pitted against a Pronghorn, I doubt any dog would put a bend in one let alone catch one.

A saluki would run it to exhaustion if the speed isnt there the wind certainly is in most

Honestly mate a Pronghorn would run a Saluki to a standstill.

I'd like to see one pitted against a Pronghorn, I doubt any dog would put a bend in one let alone catch one.

A saluki would run it to exhaustion if the speed isnt there the wind certainly is in most

So because one dog didn't catch one on YouTube then they're uncatchable? That makes perfect sense to me lol

i would back a good saluki not much game will out distance a runner. Deer are notorious for being prone to muscle fatique due to stress and exertion that black dog ali. lab cross looked overweight and it kept pace with thePronghorn probably 40 yards being towed a good saluki would do much better no comparison.

Edited by desertbred

So because one dog didn't catch one on YouTube then they're uncatchable? That makes perfect sense to me lol

No just do a bit of research about the animal....

i would back a good saluki not much game will out distance a runner. Deer are notorious for being prone to muscle fatique due to stress and exertion that black dog ali. lab cross looked overweight and it kept pace with thePronghorn probably 40 yards being towed a good saluki would do much better no comparison.

Not a prayer pal honestly, they are not a Deer either. Their running capabilities are out of this world.

They can reack 53 miles per hour for short periods then run at half that for miles that means 26 mph how would they they leave any dog standing for speed and stamina a saluki will maintain 34 mph for 12/15 km.and reach 42 mph for periods. They hunt the spring horn with Dogs in N America or so I have been informed, maximum speeds and sustained effort must surely depend on terrain and weather conditions. Cheetahs can run for short periods at 70mph but game escapes and some gets caught statistics dont mean a lot in Nature

They can reack 53 miles per hour for short periods then run at half that for miles that means 26 mph how would they they leave any dog standing for speed and stamina a saluki will maintain 34 mph for 12/15 km.and reach 42 mph for periods. They hunt the spring horn with Dogs in N America or so I have been informed, maximum speeds and sustained effort must surely depend on terrain and weather conditions. Cheetahs can run for short periods at 70mph but game escapes and some gets caught statistics dont mean a lot in Nature

Where you got that from? They can run at 43mph for 30 mins or more, no Saluki could come close to that.