Pointless Warnings......?

"Keep out of children's reach", "may contain nuts", "mind your head", "do not remove this cover", "contains flashing images".....everywhere you look, it seems there's a warning about it !

Hardly a news report goes by without a warning that it contains "images that some may find upsetting"....almost every episode of Emmerdale (Emmerdale, for crying out loud !) contains "scenes of violence".... I saw a programme the other right that said it "contains language that some may find offensive" - turned out somebody said "nigger" once !

My local hospital has notices on the doors warning you not to stand behind them !

My wife has tablets to help her sleep - on the bottle it says "may cause drowsiness" !

On packets of nuts, were warned that they "may contain nuts" !

Has the whole world gone mad, or are there really people who need protecting from their own stupidity ?

And anyway, if someone is allergic to nuts I would presume that they know about it, so do they really need warning about peanuts ? And, since I'm not, why the f*** are you telling me ?

Has it all got out of hand, or have I missed something ??

• Like 1

People really do need protecting from their own stupidity. Problem is everyone is getting used to having "experts" decide what they should do, eat, drink and when they should exercise etc. so if something isn't labelled as being specifically a bad idea, it must be OK to do it. And if it isn't, there's always the ambulance chasing lawyers to get them a few quid for being thick.

926296a3e24688542055a25f53c215bf.jpg

When I left school, I worked for what was then the National Coal Board. During the initial two weeks induction training, half a day - half a day, mind - was given over to Safety Training.....

This consisted of little more than "these are sharp, these are hot and keep well away from that. Oh, and if you hurt yourself, don't come running to me !"

I actually once heard a newbie telling his deputy that he'd just fallen over. Without a hint of humour, he was told "Well look where you're f***ing going, lad !"

• Like 5

No win......no fee !

The adverts should say "have you been a complete f***ing idiot?......are you fragile and your feelings easily damaged?........did you once trip over a curb because you wasn't looking where you were f***ing going?.........are you chancing your arm for a bit of buck shee cash?.......then call us today!"

• Like 2

Litigation, litigation, litigation oh did I say litigation. As simple as. If it were not for the numpties making a claim for anything and getting away with it, we would be fine.

TC

Edited by Tiercel

you would think common sence would prevale, not the case some right numpys out there

Common sense ain't that common mate

bloody to true i can fully understand why they put these warning on stuff .yet still folk cant grasp it im sure some folk have problems walking uprite :laugh:

The country is full of petty dishonesty......some people choose a dishonest life as a career and thats up to them.....but these pathetic dole scrounging,accident claiming snidey little no pride shitbags are a far worse example to kids than straight forward bank robbery in my opinion.

• Like 6