What Do You Think Lads? Vets?

Is the nail flapping around or is it still rooted? Salt water and bathe the foot 2/3 times a day for 5 days to stop any infection and wash out any debri

still 50% rooted I'd say? Just a friend round who I forgot was a vet lol hibbiscrub and strapped up and an aspirin, she's gonna come back tomorrow and take the end of the nail so it doesn't touch when she walks and said just to keep bathing it. ;) said she'll be fine
  • Like 2

Is the nail flapping around or is it still rooted? Salt water and bathe the foot 2/3 times a day for 5 days to stop any infection and wash out any debri

still 50% rooted I'd say? Just a friend round who I forgot was a vet lol hibbiscrub and strapped up and an aspirin, she's gonna come back tomorrow and take the end of the nail so it doesn't touch when she walks and said just to keep bathing it. ;) said she'll be fine

Sounds spot on.

• Like 1

How can you forget your mate is a vet ??????

• Like 6

Long, hard years of heavy narcotic abuse
  • Like 1

Long, hard years of heavy narcotic abuse

Who the Vet :laugh:

• Like 1

vetranery nurse sorry, then she joined the ambulance and became a paramedic, I'd forgotten that she had vetranery experiance.
  • 2 weeks later...

Well it was all looking good until a couple of days ago, the toe swelled up, went a bit red and I gave it a sniff and could smell that infection smell. £40 for a jab last night and in for surgery this morning with an estimate of £100-£250 to remove the nail? I should of probably taken her straight there really. Anybody no how long it'll take her to recover and get back working after having the claw removed?

Happened to my dog last year, only just seen this would of advised vet mate. Now it's off your dog should be sound when wound has closed, won't take long, dog would probably be willing to run within a week, judge it yourself though mate, mine was running again within 2-3 weeks.My dogs nail grew back as a little stump. and doesn't effect how he runs. Just make sure it's kept clean after being out.