Whats The Best Boot

2 hours ago, Neal said:

By Hillmaster, do you mean the Berghaus ones (which used to be Brasher)?

I used to wear their Supalite which was amazingly comfy and waterproof. The only thing I didn't like (at the time) was that they only lasted a year or two at most. I put a pair out in the garden as a planter after I'd finished with them but the waterproofing was so good that the plant kept getting waterlogged as no water could get out!🤣

Unfortunately, although people took the mick out of their original boots and described them as like ducks' feet, They fitted me perfectly, but when they changed manufacturers they slimmed them down and no longer fitted me. I've tried a few pairs on over the years but the people in the shops always say, "Sorry mate, these just don't fit you."

I even tried looking on ebay once in the hope that someone might have a pair of really old ones.

HILLMANHUNTING.CO.UK

Shop now | Hillman innovative brand to...

Here you go Neal, these!

• Thanks 1

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm happy with my 30 quid haix army issue boots off eBay sod spending 300 on a pair of boots I've got kids to feed.

Haix, comfy, well made, good design, cheap, better than Lowa imo  Cheers, D.    

It depends on the person wearing them,there is hacking and there is hacking. Some lads wouldn't wear out a pair of slippers on a building site and others would want to kick a brick up the road in fron

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

After having had various boots and wellies over the years I treated myself to a pair of HanWag Tatra exstra wide though in all honesty I have never had a pair of Meindles but these boots up to now are the best boots I have ever put on my feet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 16/12/2023 at 14:32, tatsblisters said:

Anyone on here had the Hanwag boots and are they any good. 

I've got hanwags mate, an old mate of mine was a grouse keeper. So he used to get new boots every year off the estate ,but said they would last him 3 years. So he got me a brand new pair for a drink as I'd done him loads of favours over the years . Too be honest I ain't worn them a great deal as I'm still in my old faithfuls my Harkila. But the Han wags seem very good. Am sure you will be pleased with them. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

I've got hanwags mate, an old mate of mine was a grouse keeper. So he used to get new boots every year off the estate ,but said they would last him 3 years. So he got me a brand new pair for a drink as I'd done him loads of favours over the years . Too be honest I ain't worn them a great deal as I'm still in my old faithfuls my Harkila. But the Han wags seem very good. Am sure you will be pleased with them. 

So far so good mate. I had read the reviews about the tatra exstra wide and they ticked all the boxes for me even though it was the most I have ever spent on boots. I have had Altberg hiax and zamberlan boots in the past all decent boots to be honest but comfortable wise these are on another level and even after a 3 or 4 hours mooch about their not a pair of boots I can't wait to get off my feet as my legs don't feel tired or my sciatica doesn't start niggling me unlike other boots and wellies I've had in the past that to me is well worth the money I paid for them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, DanielBrave said:

What are the ethical implications of using catch dogs to hunt and capture dangerous predators like mountain lions and leopards? Are there alternative methods that could be more humane and effective in wildlife management?

Dunno but asking in the "what's the best boots" topic is a stretch even for thl lol.

• Haha 1