Fwb Sport Service Kit.

After dealing with Chambers gun spares a few weeks back i looked back into their web site again tonight to see that they do a service kit for the FWB Sport :good:

Lads they offer a standard mainspring or I can pay more for an Ox accelerator main spring that is advertised as having Molybdenum and ptfe coating baked on to give maximum power ?

Anyone know anything about the Ox spring compared to standard mainsprings ?

thanks guys.

I fitted an ox square section spring to a rws 52 and it was like shooting a pogo stick and it was hot even after a lot of trimming. I fitted their ultra premium kit with ptfe spring guides afterwards and it was a lot better and very consistent.

Hmmm :hmm: cheers Tom.

They are also advertising a third spring for the same job,- a Titan spring ?

Thoughts please lads ?

Titan springs seem good Mark :thumbs:

..... well engineered and treated if the sales blurb is accurate.

I put one in my TX about 1500 shots ago and its doing well. There's nothing wrong with my AA spring - I just like to experiment.

Also, I know a good man who swears by red rubber grease on the spring. He has warned me to use it sparingly though as it can push up the fps.

I fitted an ox square section spring to a rws 52 and it was like shooting a pogo stick and it was hot even after a lot of trimming. I fitted their ultra premium kit with ptfe spring guides afterwards and it was a lot better and very consistent.

Never tried an Ox but, I've heard they can add a lot of power and be difficult to tame.

Never tried an Ox but, I've heard they can add a lot of power and be difficult to tame.

Was nearly 30.

The titan one I took a single coil off severel times and seated it. When happy polished it and bingo.

Was nearly 30.

The titan one I took a single coil off severel times and seated it. When happy polished it and bingo.

30 ftlb? :o

+ 1 on the Titan spring, or the Woodfield kit which I believe uses a titan spring, no no no ...... to the ox spring horrid,twangy things that wont do the accuracy any good at all, and may take it way over the limit, unless cut down, as may the Titan in fact, but is a much nicer spring.

• Like 2

After dealing with Chambers gun spares a few weeks back i looked back into their web site again tonight to see that they do a service kit for the FWB Sport :good:

Lads they offer a standard mainspring or I can pay more for an Ox accelerator main spring that is advertised as having Molybdenum and ptfe coating baked on to give maximum power ?

Anyone know anything about the Ox spring compared to standard mainsprings ?

thanks guys.

adding an ox Spring is a bit like soaking your pellets in diesel, you get more power but you can't control it and it will lead to damage, I'd rather have 10ft lb and good accuracy than 12.5ft lb and struggle to hit a door, smoothness is what you want, plenty of metal polishing and minimal lube
  • Like 1

BIG NO NO NO

TO THE OX SPRING MARK

STAY WELL CLEAR MATE

Apart from pushing the power up it may destroy the internals

and feck her all together

and im talking from experience and not just saying it

smashed a 97s apart years ago with one cost a small fortune to put right mate

Not keen on the titan springs ether or any other spring kit

if your looking at doing that then just fit a full v,mach kit and be done with it

but even then you will more than likely have to cut the spring

but then she will not be a classic will she

A WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING

Not a bad thing ether :hmm:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Hi mark I'm in same boat as you and after a spring for an old classic too. 10 mins ago I messaged sandwell fieldsports asking after one of their springs and got a reply allready. Maybe worth looking at one of those too? I bet a strip, clean and real good polish then fitting with tbt spring guides with one of their springs would be superb.

• Like 3